1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Webinar: Self Therapy Journey

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, All,

There's a free webinar that I'll be attending tomorrow, and I thought I'd let others know about it in case anyone wants to join in.

It's an introduction to the following program, organized by pioneering psychologist, Dr. Jay Earley:

Jay Earley is the guy who took Parts Therapy/IFS and said that you don't have to have a therapist because you can do it as "Self Therapy." He wrote the book called Self Therapy which teaches you how to do IFS Therapy with your Self. (Do you notice a theme here? ;))

After writing the book and having it be successful, the next step for him is making an interactive web-based program to allow people to go on their own "Self-Therapy Journey. Tomorrow there is a free webinar about that.

It seems a lot like our Structured Educational Program or TMS Recovery Program, so I thought I would check it out. I think I don't take care of myself enough, and I have great respect for both Jay Earley and IFS, so I thought I'd check it out.

Here's the info on the webinar, for anyone who is interested:

Self-Therapy Journey
    Intro and Support Teleseminar

Jay Earley, PhD

Wednesday, February 25, 2014 [edit: this should say Tuesday, not Wednesday]
    1:00 PM - 2:30 PM PST | 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST
    Free

The free teleseminar is for
    1. people who are already using STJ who want support and guidance
    2. people who want to learn about STJ to decide if they want to use it.
    I am excited to meet people who are using Self-Therapy Journey and find out how it is working for you. I would also love to get feedback from you about what you like and how it could be improved. I will also provide an overview of STJ and answer questions from those of you who are considering using it.

I will lead a guided meditation for accessing Self, give an introduction to STJ, and answer questions. There will also be time for you to share your inner work with others if you want. This may be a good way to find someone you want to buddy with.

Self-Therapy Journey (STJ) is the first of its kind-a general purpose web application for psychological exploration and healing. You can try it out at www.selftherapyjourney.com.

What can you do?
    • Resolve problems like procrastination or shyness
    • Transform behavior patterns, like dependency or people-pleasing
    • Navigate through your defenses
    • Heal your emotional wounds
    • Create a complete psychological profile for yourself
    How does it work?
    • Do guided meditations for deep exploration
    • Generate a customized report for each pattern of yours
    • Create homework practices
    • Transform problems into healthy capacities
    • Track your progress
    You can develop the healthy attitudes and behavior to live the life you have dreamed of.

All for a small fraction of what psychotherapy costs.

STJ is not intended to be a substitute for psychotherapy or counseling. You can think of it as a very sophisticated and interactive set of self-help books, plus guided meditations and customized reports. It is based on the Pattern System and Internal Family Systems Therapy.

This call will be a webinar. Please be at your computer or tablet. We will look at www.selftherapyjourney.com. Those of you who aren't users can enroll as a guest.
    email: guest@selftherapyjourney.com
    password: guest295Y

Click the following link to register:
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/self-therapy-journey-intro-and-support-teleseminar-tickets-10639431827

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    G.R. and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Forest! I may look in on it.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. JayEarley

JayEarley Psychologist and Author

Thanks, Forest.
    I welcome any people from this list who would like to call in tomorrow. Feel free to ask questions specifically about tms.
    I also want to correct an error I made in that announcement that Forest copied here.
    It should say Tuesday, Feb. 25.
    Jay

4. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Thanks for posting this, Forest. Our friend Karen Locke actually works for Dr. Earley on Self Therapy Journey. We have recently done an audio IFS session with Karen that will be posted on this forum, soon.

I've got to say I found the instructions for access a bit confusing so I went here:
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/self-therapy-journey-intro-and-support-teleseminar-tickets-10639431827
    and signed up for the webinar, tomorrow (Tuesday). Shortly after I got an email with a connection number and access code..

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is awesome Jay Early. I will be attending the webinar tomorrow too. Its going to be great to learn from all the great people that are going to be there and from you. We have talked about you so much and njoy above me brought you to our attention.
    Your ifs model has already freed me of a part from when I was 15 and told I only had a short while to live. It turned out that was not the case but I still had this part of me that was full of fear. Not that I ever gave it much attention and I did move on with my life thinking that fear part would just always be an image that I saw in my minds eye every now and then or when I thought about the nocebo the person had laid on me at such an early age.
    Within 45 minutes with a session on the Thursday night discussion group I was free of that fearful part and it turned happy. It was me at 15 and then after the session it was me full of life and ready to move forth into new horizons. Thank you Jay Early for moving forth with your IFS model and being so generous to give us all a glimpse into what can be when we have all of our Parts in Agreement with Self. And thank You njoy for bringing Jays work to our attention. Bless you both. Wow

Ellen and njoy like this.
  6. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Herbie, you are such a sweetie. Thanks for saying such nice things.

7. Forest

8. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Good webinar and the chat was fun, too. Thanks, Forest.

9. Forest

Yep, very much enjoyed. Thanks for joining, @njoy and @Eric "Herbie" Watson. I look forward to trying out the program.

10. Ellen

I was listening in, as well. I may try the 2-day trial if I can find the time. Sounds intriguing.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  11. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Ellen, did you hear you can also get a week for $10? That's enough time to do some good work, if you have the time.

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I know I'm going to join for a month. This is really going to give me a chance to get a lot of knowledge down about parts therapy and its going to be so enjoyable with releasing any parts that's not in sync with my life right now, very intriguing and informal. :)

13. Ellen

Yes, I thought I'd do the 2 day and if I feel I need to get more out of it, I'll do the $10/week. So many resources, so little time......:)

14. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

I found my appreciation of the self therapy journey materials deepened over time. Suddenly, I'd think, "Wow, I really did learn something!" after having done a segment a day or so previously. The learning sometimes needed time to mellow or marinate.

Do let us know, Herbie and Ellen, how it goes for you.

Apparently, there's another freebie coming up on relationships, as well. The six week course is pricey (about $ 250, I think) but wouldn't it be fun to have Jay in a small group!

Herbie, I hope you get what you need re learning more about IFS. Maybe someday Jay or Bonnie or another trainer will do a guided IFS intro strictly for amateurs. I would pay for that. I've got most of the books and have listened in on many sessions and practiced on myself and a few others but still feel very amateurish. Yet, it works!

Short of committing to the full certification program (not going to happen: too expensive, too far away) I may always feel a bit uncomfortable with the process. Probably good. Confidence is a fine thing but over-confidence is not.

Ellen and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  15. Forest

I thought that the presentation was great. Thanks for joining, everyone!

If anyone else wants to try it out, it's free for two days and Jay told a story about someone who completed the program during the trial period. That seems a bit rushed, but to each, their own, right? Anyway, if you missed the talk and want to try it out, just go to www.selftherapyjourney.com . You don't need to input a credit card unless you want to continue past the free trial.