1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

All the Rage Film We got a shout out!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey everyone, the producers of the new documentary about Dr. Sarno gave our community a shout-out in their most recent update on the Kickstarter page:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...mentary-connecting-emotions-and/posts/1050858

Here's what they wrote:
    The last day and a half has been a whirlwind for all of us at rumur. We can't tell you how much your support means to us.

Tonight we want to take a moment to thank the TMS WIKI and the community of people who make it such an amazing healing resource. We know that a great deal of the support for our campaign so far has come via the Wiki, but we also are pleased to have the opportunity to introduce others to it.

While many of you are familiar with Dr. Sarno and his work, some of you may not know about the website Thank You Dr. Sarno. This site compiles stories that people send in about their experiences with healing after either seeing Dr Sarno or simply reading the book. Many of the same people that devote their time to the Wiki keep this site running as well. These stories are such a valuable resource, because there is such a strong cultural stigma surrounding the expression of our emotions. Stories like these are a powerful push back against that kind of stigma. Like the over 900 reviews of "Healing Back Pain" on Amazon, they build a strong case for the relevance of his work.​

Let's keep showing them what we can do to help spread the word. Every little bit counts!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. Mala

Mala Well known member

Forest it's a great credit to everyone here but a special thank you to you for doing all that you do!

Forest likes this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

There's the rub, we live in a culture consumed with/by being "cool". Although I like to puff on an occasional KOOL, being culturally/societially pressured to always appear cool creates a lot of TMS repression.

Caroline Rumur and Ryan like this.
  4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

That very nice of them to acknowledge and thank the TMS Wiki! I gave to the Kickstarter campaign last night and forgot to note that I found out about it through the wiki. Oh well, maybe I can leave a comment.

Caroline Rumur likes this.