1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Urinary problems, TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Leslie735, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Leslie735

Leslie735 Well known member

I just wanted to update, I'm on day 9 of TMS structured program. Really liking it so far! I'm still experiencing anxiety over IC. Lately though, I've been noting my anxiety getting a little better until today. Out of the blue this afternoon I started experiencing pelvic pain. This was a first, I have not had any pain since this all began in December just the urinary problems. It was a dull over used muscle type pain and it was mainy on the lower right not quite ovary area but close. Now I'm terrified it was bladder pain and could be related to IC. :( :( :( The pain lasted about 4 hours then subsided completely out of nowhere. I was a little gassy (sorry for TMI) today after eating some ice cream so maybe that was it? TMS? I don't know!

2. Leslie735

I just thought I'd update this old thread in case there was another person having similar symptoms and exploring TMS to help get rid of it. Its been 2 years now (almost) since my symptoms began. I can say today, while they pop up here and there, the fear behind them is gone and I no longer google, and worry over it. :) Even when the symptoms to come about, I barely notice them and I defiantly notice they like to come about when my anxiety (which I still deal with, health anxiety especially) comes about. Thank you to the S.E.P program I learned a few things about myself and some emotions I was burrying that I didn't realize I was. I also read Sarnos Mind Body Prescription book (twice!)

Thelauriebelle1 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm 85 and often awakened to pee, sometimes three times a night. A few nights ago I slept 10 hours without waking up even once to pee. I think it was because I was telling myself the urinary frequency was caused by TMS worries, but that they were not going to last forever.

4. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

Thanks so much for updating. I have similar symptoms. Even had that right sided pelvic pain at one point. I'm happy things went well for you!

5. AndrewMillerMFT

AndrewMillerMFT Well known member

Hi Leslie,

I will share that I had my own bought with urinary urgency. I run many groups at treatment centers and invariably I will use the restroom prior to group but if it's not exactly prior to group I will get a sense of urinary urgency right as group is about to start up. When I began to treat it as TMS and looked at my feelings of perfectionism about running a group well, it went away. Every once in awhile it comes back but becomes easily banished again when I begin to think of difficult emotional problems or inner conflicts.

Best of luck to you!

Andrew

6. 575

575 Peer Supporter

I've had urinary TMS issues in the past.
    What I had was a severe and strong urge to urinate. And that often.
    It got so bad I actually didn't make it sometimes, horrible.

I kept focusing on the realization that it had to be TMS and it went away after some time.

Hope this helps.

7. Thelauriebelle1

Thelauriebelle1 Peer Supporter

Leslie I was wondering if you could update on your status?

8. Leslie735

Hello! I am the same as my last update. The symptoms crop up during extreme anxiety periods. I have learned it's my anxiety and just try to let it be u told.it passes. I.know its TMS messing with me. The symptoms do not come on as often as they use to. I had them flare up on a vacation in August but not since.