1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

URGENT: Constant Breast Pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by RootedinNature, May 2, 2019.

1. RootedinNature

RootedinNature New Member

I have debilitating pain in my left breast. It is above the rib cage and muscles and in the soft tissue. Extremely sensitive to touch. Constant, gnawing, intense pain. Has anyone ever had TMS pain in their breast? Please help. I can’t take it anymore. It has completely consumed me.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. RootedinNature

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi RootedinNature,
    You have posted before, and are here again looking for perhaps some confirmation that this pain is TMS, and that you'll be OK. I hope someone with this experience posts here, to help reassure you.

In the meantime, as others have suggested to you, the main path is to work your own TMS program, part of which is reassuring yourself that you're OK, safe, healthy. This kind of reassurance and settling of fears has to come from you. This takes a little time and work.

Have you engaged a regular TMS practice? If not, this is the first step. The SEP or Alan Gordon's program are here for you!!!

Andy B

RootedinNature likes this.
  4. JulieMTherapy

JulieMTherapy Peer Supporter

Yes, I have. I truly believe that many women have pain in "female areas" because of the internalized oppression that we carry from being women in this society. I don't know if any other TMS practitioners speak about this much. We have so much rage and anger because we have been so marginalized by the patriarchal structure. I hope this helps :)

Trellis, MWsunin12 and RootedinNature like this.
  5. RootedinNature

Was it debilitating NONSTOP steady intense pain? Could you touch your breast without extreme end of the world pain?

6. RootedinNature

The doctors think it is post herpatic neuralgia (nerve damage) from a bout of possible internal shingles (since shingles does not externalize through this skin past the soft tissue).

7. JulieMTherapy

It truly sounds like TMS. Nerve damage is usually TMS.

I did not have the exact breast pain you are mentioning but I had similar pain in my groin. It was debilitating and nonstop. It's completely gone now--for many years. Really think about what the pain might be distracting you from: anger, sadness, fear of emotional closeness, helplessness, feeling burdened. You're going to be ok!

8. RootedinNature

It is difficult to accept the TMS diagnosis because I have had shingles 3 times before and my bloodwork shows that the shingles virus is very much active. Since this has been going on for a year, it suggests that the shingles virus caused nerve damage. Post herpatic neuralgia— nicknamed the suicide condition because it is the most painful condition known to humans. Well named, because This pain is truly impossible to live with. I’ve read all of the TMS books and have done a TMS workbook, realizing many MindBody connections and exposing repressed emotions. I have made some significant realizations and have noticed strong patterns that I would like to change, but unable to act on it because the pain prevents me. How can I change my way of being/living if I can’t LIVE my LIFE. So I sit here in pain. Alone. I try to find ease and calm and surrender to it...and I do, but it doesn’t matter. The pain is all consuming and always there. Steady horrifying pain that doesn’t stop for one second. I Love Life so much and want to Live, but this body is failing me. I know there are things I haven’t tried, but it is too hard. Exhausted and defeated. It’s funny. I’ve never been one to victimize myself and the biggest thing I’ve learned through this is to Accept help from others. I know I am the only one that can Heal myself, but I need help. Please.

9. RootedinNature

Is this not an active forum? Please help.

10. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

I am reluctant to give my opinion but here goes,

Hi RootinNature,

please read the following thread

http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7814&SearchTerms=shingles

These are my comments from TMS Help 2012 last poster. I chose to have the controversial Shingles shot around that time, having grandchildren I would be remorseful if I transmitted chickenpox to them.

I am glad I did for three years ago I did get a small dose of shingles on my back, verified by a smear scrape test. I was put on Valtrex and you might want to consider this under doctor’s supervision, it stopped the symptoms and I was spared your pain.

I am not here to argue whether shingles is TMS; it’s my belief that it is a virus similar to a cold. The TMS connection I will make is that if the immune system is compromised a virus like Shingles would flourish.

You have my sympathy be well soon.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  11. JulieMTherapy

You will be ok. It seems like you're very frightened. Being afraid of the pain, perpetuates it. It's amazing that you've done so much work! That's great. The pain is probably serving a purpose for you. Maybe consciously you really want to feel better but maybe there's a subconscious part of you that needs to hold onto the same. I apologize for the delayed response. I would suggest if you need immediate help, looking for a therapist in your area. When I was in horrific pain, finding a therapist completely saved me!

12. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

My fiancé had breast pain. She was under a lot of stress and experienced TMS. It was constant because she kept monitoring it. Eventually it went away. Then later something else stressed her out and it triggered her breast pain. She finally made the correlation and it went away for good.

13. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. My mother had a terrible case of shingles. She was hospitalized and had post hermetic neuralgia. She was on neurontin for over a year. She also had fear that the pain would never go away. It did though, and she has been fine for many years. It is not easy to cope with severe chronic pain. And whether it is 100% TMS, nerve damage, neuropathways conditioned for pain, some combination of both, there are some things to try that can help. Believe me, I know how hard it is to be trapped in a body that is screaming in pain. The pain calls us to action and it does not let our mind or body truly relax. This constant focus on the pain just fuels the flame and it can be an extremely difficult cycle to break. So, to begin with, anything you can do to get your mind focused on something other than the pain. I don’t say that lightly because I know how hard it is. I used to play a game that was all about getting train engines onto tracks and it took so much focus that I could not play the game and think about the pain at the same time. I broke certain habits such as googling symptoms, and i did my very best to stop monitoring the pain. For instance, my first thought every morning was assessing my pain levels and feeling disappointed that I was still in pain. It’s almost as though I predetermined I would feel that level of pain for the rest of the day. So I made myself stop doing that, I stopped describing my pain to my husband all the time. I tried to remember things I used to enjoy when I was not in so much pain and I forced myself to do them again. And then at some point I realized that I was enjoying my life even with all the pain. I remember surprising myself thinking that I could find a way to survive and enjoy my life even if the pain never went away. Journaling is also an excellent way to take the edge off the angst and frustration of being in pain. I once had a severe pain in my left chest. I went to the doctor and she gave me some muscle relaxer that made me feel sick. It lasted about a week and I remember how awful it was. I hope you get some relief. Look for ways to make it just a little less.

andy64tms likes this.