1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Urge to urinate

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jbyard, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Jbyard

Jbyard New Member

wondering if I have tms. For 5 months I’ve had a pretty constant urge to urinate. Been to 2 urologists and nothing wrong. Anyone else gone thru this ?

2. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

That could very well be a TMS symptom. It was for me. I was diagnosed with chronic non-bacterial prostatitis, and had a fairly constant urge to urinate for quite some time. Some of the others here who've had urinary tract/pelvic TMS may have had similar experiences.

3. Jbyard

Jbyard New Member

I can have some good hours but can’t stop thinking about it hoping it won’t come back and then it comes back. Tension and stressing about it keeps it coming back. Thanks for your input hopefully your not still battling this issue.

4. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

That sounds very much like TMS. I used to constantly think about my symptoms and have stress/fear associated with them returning. That's actually a big driver of bringing TMS pain back and making it worse. Have you checked out Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program yet? I'd highly recommend it. It credit it with saving my life.

Thankfully, I'm no longer plagued by TMS or any symptoms. Apart from two brief relapses (the latest of which I just got over and was shorter than the first) that resulted directly from me thinking about my prior symptoms and worrying they'd return, I've been pretty much pain free for over a year now.

There's a lot of great former posts on the forum by folks with urinary issues. I found a few by people who had the urge to urinate. I'd encourage you to search the forum and read their stories, since that can be really encouraging. You're definitely not alone here.

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Frequent urination used to be a problem for me, too. It can still flair up when I'm anxious, but because I know that it is harmless, I ignore it and it goes away.

As stated above, it is a common symptom of TMS and if you search for it on the Forum, you will find many previous threads on this topic.

6. Jbyard

Jbyard New Member

Thank you for pointing me to Alan Gordon’s program. I’ve gone through it once and will do it again tonight. A load of things in it I think will help. It seemed to calm me.

7. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Frequent urination and anxiety are very closely connected. You all might recognize the urge to pee before an exam etc. Actually the kidneys start to produce more urine when you are getting excited and anxious. For the most people this is not a problem, because it lasts only a very limited and short period of time. But if it continues the normal excitement is replaced by a vicious circle of pain and emotions, also affecting the pelvic muscles which are then very tense. And the vicious circle goes on ... It is very important to accept that this is in the first place a normal physiological reaction that then can get out of control - but is reversible! And Jbyard: to calm down is so important!!

8. Usman1515

Usman1515 New Member

Hi bro how are you doing?