1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Update 3 weeks in

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JohnnyWindtunnel, Sep 14, 2022.

1. JohnnyWindtunnel

JohnnyWindtunnel New Member

So I have been engaged in TMS treatment for three weeks now in response to COVID vaccine induced TMS.

Things have been going very well. I received a lot of good feedback through this forum and have been very focused on treatment.

Over labor day weekend I ran 5 miles on the beach without any reactionary chest pain, which just one month before had resulted in a lot of pain after half the distance! Really incredible!

Unfortunately, I have backslid a bit...

Last week I was stung by three yellow jackets on the lip ear and elbow when taking my trash out. I didn;t expect to have any problem but became light headed and had for the first time ever, a systemic reaction to a bee sting, so much so that I needed to lay down and felt itchy and chills. It cleared up int wo hours with benadryl. It also happenedd directtly after meditating on fear - in an attempt to feel certain repressed emotions per TMS treatment

I've gone to see an allergist who told me I now have an elevated risk for a deadly reaction to bee stings.

For the week I've been crushed and have relapsed back into checking out a lot of health info on vaccine injuries and bee stings on social media. I can't help but make the connection between the bee reaction and the Long covid vaccine injury I've experienced. This is because prior to the last year where I've had many symptoms and seen many doctors, I didn't have any medical issues of significance for over twenty years, since my childhood -- and some people are reporting new allergies post covid and vaccine (although we know this also happenns in TMS.)

I definitely fell back a bit and now have to navigate a new and serious unexpected health problem, that I do believe could be related to stress and TMS, but is much more serious.

Any insights or ideas on how to navigate continued TMS treatment, my concerns about the long covid inducing the allergy and how this could be understood through a TMS lens or any other support would be appreciated.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Did you get a prescription for an Epi pen? If not, you need one and carry it. Get an ID bracelet with your allergy on it.
    Know that it takes time for bee stings to become harmful snd that emergency services all carry epi pens, but make sure you always have one. It solves your problem, don’t be fearful. Common allergy, nothing at all to do with Covid.
    Your reaction to this situation is a blessing in disguise, because now you know what you need to work on for future relapses. Googling brings anxiety and spirals you into the same thought patterns that gave you symptoms. The situation is a trigger but so is Dr. Google.
    Keep on with your work, you are just being provided with more learning situations.

JohnnyWindtunnel likes this.