1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Zafirides Understand the Amazing Power of Our Thoughts

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Peter Zafirides, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Peter Zafirides

Peter Zafirides Physician

Hi Everyone,

My latest weekly podcast discusses the role our thoughts play in determining both our emotional and physical health, especially TMS. I explain how our thoughts create our reality and discuss ways to harness this power to improve our overall health. I talk about PPD/TMS specifically in the broadcast:

http://www.thehealthymind.com/2012/06/27/understanding-the-incredible-power-of-our-thoughts/

This episode is the ESSENCE of everything I am trying to accomplish with The Healthy Mind.

I truly hope you find it worthwhile.

Don't hesitate to comment or ask me any questions.

Kindly,
    Dr. Zafirides

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I just listened to this and it was terrific. This podcast does a great job at explaining the role negative thoughts have on our emotional and physical health. This seems to be inline with "Internal Bully" idea as well. It is our negative thoughts, fear and worry, that keeps us anxious, depressed, and in pain. But as Dr. Zaf mentions these are just thoughts that we can change. One of my favorite lines from this episdoe is, "Only your doubt in yourself is keeping you from getting out of emotional and physical pain. But these are just thoughts and they can be changed."
    That is part of why accepting TMS is so key, because once you learn about TMS you can begin to change how you view and think about your symptoms. When we know about TMS and think psychological about our symptoms we can change doubt and fear to another more positive thought. We have the power to change how we think and to use our thoughts to overcome these symptoms.

There are a lot of helpful tidbits in this podcast about overcoming TMS, anxiety, and depression. Thanks for posting it!

3. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

This is am awesome podcast, packed with powerful and inspiration energy! Dr. Z explains the power of positive thinking and going after your dreams, whatever they may be!