1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to hard

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Timbercat, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

I got to day 7 in SEP and watched Forest's video on trying too hard to get rid of the pain. That is what I am doing...partly fueled by reading about others who made a rapid recovery as well as feeling that the TMS program is my last stop. Like everyone else, I failed all the conventional medical treatments, so I find I am putting enormous pressure on myself to get tms right. WOW! That's what got me in this mess in the first place! My primary symptoms were low back pain and foot pain and numbness - those are getting slightly better ...now I'm on my sixth consecutive day of major migraines, horrible balance problems and nausea. I am finding lots of help and inspiration on this network...so grateful. Would love to find a way to deal with these headaches and balance issues.

2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Just keep going through the SEP and then do Alan Gordan's plan on this site too. I'm finding I get more migraines when I pressure and bully myself. Have some compassion for yourself. Don't rush through it. You'll keep getting insights. Just keep following the plan.

3. JoeHealingTms

JoeHealingTms Peer Supporter

Did you read the books? The program is a complement to the books. You need to understand first in deep what is happening. The knowledge is part of the healing, also doing the relaxation exercises and affirmations. Your symptoms are worsening because you brain is wanting desperately to get your attention to your body. Dont fight the pain, but observe it passively and tell yourself that it is safe. This is on Alan's plan,which is shorter and to the point. Dont forget to journal everyday if possible.

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Headache is one of the symptoms I experienced as my back pain, sciatica, etc. started to go away.

I took Tylenol to relieve it. Although your is more of a migraine.

Above suggestions are great. Also, make a list of activities that you get you excited about doing them, like playing basketball, going on a short trip, lunch with a friend, etc.

These can help take your focus away from your body and the excitement can push back tension and you'll have fewer symptoms.

5. Timbercat

6. Timbercat

I am continuing with sep and alan's program. Yesterday in spite of feeling like crap, I went to a day long conference I had registered and paid for. I am maintaining my professional credentials in the event I wish to work in my field again. At one point I had to leave the room - got so off balance I thought I was going to pass out. I took something for the nausea an was able to get through the rest of the day without further problems. Today unfortunately, I have another headache, more nausea and balance issue. I sure hope I can get through this! Thank u for your response. I am quite proud of myself for having done something normal yesterday for a change

FredAmir likes this.
  7. Timbercat

8. Timbercat

I have read 2 of sarno's books and I have 2 more to read. I am journaling daily. I am not very good at meditation yet but will try again. Still working on the nausea, balance and headaches again today. Appreciate your response.

9. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Fantastic!

Initially it will not be easy. But as you give it your best, your subconscious begins to realize you are serious about living life on your terms and begins to back off.

When TMS show up don't think "Why me?" Think "Try me!"