1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Trying to gain control

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JMR, Aug 12, 2014.

1. JMR

JMR New Member

Hi Everyone... I posted info on a general discussion but here I am. I have been battling low back pain and believe I have TMS. At this point I have read the Sarno's healing back pain. I have experienced some pain free days. However some symptoms are resurfacing so I thought this program would help. I'm discovering I'm a people pleaser. .. I have had trauma in my life due to a mentally ill father. I would like to beat this pain, fear, and anxiety. Thanks for reading

2. blake

blake Well known member

Hi JMR and welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear you are struggling with back pain, but you have definitely come to the right place.
    You and I have two things in common: I too have tms (neck pain) and a mentally ill mother.

I've been doing the structured program and am about halfway through. I highly recommend it. At first, I didn't think the journaling could be all that useful, but I was desperate so I gave it a try. So glad I did. I can't even tell you how much it's helping me figure out my issues. Plus, I always feel supported since the program encourages us to discuss our progress on the forum. I am so grateful I found it, and the best part is that it's free!

Best of luck to you on your journey! It's well worth the effort.
    Blake

angelic333 and Ellen like this.
  3. JMR

JMR New Member

Thanks Blake and look for more of my posts. I feel very alone in this struggle even though I have a great family.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JMR.
    Being a people pleaser, you are not alone. I am one, too.
    I'm gradually learning that a lot of people just can't be pleased, so I give up on trying to please them.
    And some people will eat you alive, wanting you to please them.

I think we all have to work on pleasing ourselves more.