1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Trying to cure erectile dysfunction and diminished sex drive

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tacosaurus Tex, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Tacosaurus Tex

Tacosaurus Tex New Member

Hi everyone,

I've suffered from TMS/PPD in the past and used Dr Sarno's techniques to overcome the symptoms. Over the years I've used these techniques to conquer back pain, groin pain, insomnia, and carpal tunnel. For the past year I've suffered from erectile dysfunction (I'm only 30 years old) which was a major blow in terms of my confidence and ability to enjoy sex and intimacy. About two months ago I had the idea that maybe my ED was TMS related, but, since I never heard of ED being a TMS equivalent, I quickly abandoned the idea. Well now I've been doing the structured program for the past 8 days and I've seen a few interesting changes. I won't go into the details but I think I might eventually be able to provide some anecdotal evidence about a link between TMS and erectile dysfunction, particularly among young men. Of course my ED might be the result of self-reinforcing anxiety and in that sense a TMS approach may only be effective in as much as I believe it's working, thereby mitigating my anxiety. Maybe I'll have more to say about this in a future post. Sometimes I think it's easy to be overly excited about results and jump to unwarranted conclusions. But then again, what ever works for works for me and there's little reason to care about anything beyond that. Yesterday I got itchy all over when I tried to sleep, which has happened before when my brain needed to shift symptoms.

Anyways, hope to have more information to report soon.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Glad you are searching new horizons Tacosaurus Tex. Now you are proving that if we can overcome pain and anxiety with TMS knowledge then why not ED.
    I can see how you made the connection. The mind works every part of our body for sure. Good luck with your work.
    Keep us posted.
    Bless You

3. mindfulliving

mindfulliving Peer Supporter

Hello sir, i would love to hear an update from you as am struggling with this same symptom...i'm only 24 :(

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. intense50

intense50 Well known member

My new symptom imperative.. ED