1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS wiki completion rate

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Robert_42, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Robert_42

Robert_42 New Member

Last year I started the TMS wiki but I missed a couple of days, I was still not better after a week or so, so I switched back to reading Dr. Sarno's books. But anyway… long story short I'm back and feeling much better about my condition although still not better.

On the first day: Day 1 there are over 20,000 pages views

Towards the end: Day 39 there are just 1,671 page views

That means only 8% of people who start the program actually finish it.

It was also be seen that on the last day there are actually more page views than on day 39! meaning people along the way have gotten bored or more likely frustrated and skipped a head to see the final message!

very interesting to see this and I guess it shows that to get better you have to work at it for a decent amount of time.

I am definitely going to finish the program this time, even though it means committing everyday… just 6 weeks, whats the worst that can happen :)

Yours,

Rob

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Interesting stats! Thanks for sharing them. We live in an age of instant gratification, we want our latte now--I do love my Keurig though. We want someone to change our life-long conditioned thought patterns for us NOW at a message board--AND for FREE! It seems to me that success rate roughly correlates with Dr. Sarno's rate of acceptance of patients applying for his program. He selected those he felt could BELIEVE so as not to waste people's time and money of those who needed their TMS psychosomatic symptoms.

"... whats the worst that can happen :)" : People might lose the PROTECTION of their TMS pain symptom, as a psychological defense mechanism, and have to face their emotions head-on.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, interesting stats. It takes time and patience and BELIEF to complete any TMS program.
    It's really worth the effort.

4. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Robert, bear in mind, everyone's TMS recovery took-kit will be different. What works for one won't necessarily work for another. Your TMS healing journey will be a voyage of discovery, where one approach will work sometimes and not others. For example, journaling worked sometimes for me but not always, and yet others will swear by its success in helping them.

Don't be discouraged by this, as it will take time to learn what works best for you. Also, TMS healing requires a daily commitment beyond a six week time frame. I consider it a life-long skill that requires nurturing every day.

Also, don't make too many assumptions based on the stats. For many they could have started the program, only to find their recovery was advanced enough that they didn't need to finish it. For others they could have used other tools, like reading Claire Weekes and Steve Ozanich, and then put into action their learning from these books. For me this forum was a huge part of my recovery also, especially the success stories on symptoms similar to mine.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    Ollin and Ellen like this.
  5. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

What's the worst that can happen - in 6 weeks? Well the worst thing is that you will know yourself so much better - you will know your triggers, have seen how your personality traits pop up and cause problems - you'll fall in love with fellow TMS recoverers - you'll have a sense of accomplishment that you stuck with it and the exercises - you'll feel the connection between pain and emotions - you'll have your heart filled with gratitude and appreciation for everyone who participates in this fabulous forum... Those are some of the things that I was given while finishing the 6 week program. My pain didn't dissipate at the end of the program but I was well on my way to healing. I stuck with it for a year - reading the books suggested, journalling etc. and I am now pain free. Everyone is so different and how they heal. I'm glad you're back. Keep us posted!

Boston Redsox and Ellen like this.
  6. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

I know I started the SEP and did not finish. I was simultaneously following about three different programs and at some point it made more sense to get a little more focused. I don't think that is uncommon to try a bunch of stuff all at once and then settle into something.

7. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

NowTime your smile is infectious, and your personality is energizing. It was a pleasure to have met you. Everybody does heal in their own way, but the faster path to healing is through the truth. All roads lead to Rome. (at one time Rome was considered the center of the world).

I told Dr. Mr. Alan Gordon on the phone that I had been creating a TMS Wiki healing training program for about a year, until I saw that he had posted one. I was about 60% through but when I saw he published one I stopped. There are too many chefs in the kitchen. And there have been people here that have reported that a certain person helped them, even though that person knows little about TMS, and understands it even less. The placebo is most effective when the person is in deep need for guidance. When we're in desperate pain (deep need for connection) we're more susceptible to certain things or to suggestion, and to anyone that may help us. But everything Alan has said in the past has been proven to be true, so I backed off. People should study his program and then add their experience to it, like a wiki or something.

I see it almost every day, people wanting more, more, and more. People do heal in their own way, but they also need to understand what the nature of resistance is. Less is more, until more gets us there, when less could have done more.

Also, part of TMSing is procrastinating, everyone does it at first. It's a form of alleviating anxiety like OCD, but it's important to be aware of its nature. It only takes one book, one understanding, one message, one direction, not many. "Many" implies resistance, which may be needed for the psychological safety of the person. But "many" also means doubt in the process.

Steve

nowtimecoach likes this.
  8. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Look at that SteveO... You're still helping me through your words. I think I'm gonna change your name to Guru Steve because the things you put out there are so spot on, spiritual in the ultimate nature and healing. Thank you for all the good work and caring your offer us!

9. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

NowTimeIrishLass, we teach each other in the desire to reflect light. I learn from you too. In fact, in my last 3 consults I mentioned you and your relentless desire to heal. You're still giving away a free puppy with every healing, right?

Sometimes I get lucky and hit a home run, and other times I strike out. But at least I'm swinging. Aristotle said there are 3 ways to avoid criticism:
    1) say nothing
    2) do nothing
    3) be nothing

Dr. Sarno told me in March 2012, that I wouldn't be making a difference until people started slamming me. So I'm finally making a difference. But I keep reflecting the truth until it catches someone's eye. My goal is to make healing contagious like doctors have made pain contagious. If my words help then so be it, it's the only weapon I have.

"Some people have a way with words, and others....not have way I guess."
    Steve Martin, Wild and Crazy Guy (no relation to me, other than the wild and crazy part).

heleng likes this.