1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Therapist

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Is anybody out there using or has used a tms Therpist , and what was your opinion of your time with them was it helpful?

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Massachusetts
    Alexander Angelov, MD (Physician)
    Dr Angelov works as a family doctor at NE Medical Practice in Swampscott, MA.
    He says "Since the human body is a self-healing system, our approach is not to treat or fight disease, but, rather, to seek to help the individual rebuild his or her health by balancing the inner-ecology and mental-emotional status of the body by properly evaluating and identifying what brought the patient to their current particular state. We are not interested in diagnosing, as the word is commonly used, or changing your current diagnosis. Our goal is to get you out of your discomfort or disease. Some of the conditions are psychosomatic in nature. It is very difficult to believe, considering all of the propaganda concerning the mechanical approach to conventional medicine. Emotions can create pain, discomfort, heartburn, etc. It has been proven by time that this is a reality. Do you have a psychosomatic condition? We will help you to find and heal it rather than cope with it." (Source)

990 Paradise Rd
    Swampscott, MA, 01907
    (781) 598-4321
    getwell@angeldoc.com
    Website
    Insurance Accepted: Aetna, Cigna, Healthnet, Medicaid, Medicare, Wellcare, Humana, Gaurdian, BCBS, United Health Care, Unicare, Wellpoint

Deborah Conley, LICSW (Therapist)
    No longer an active TMS Practitioner

Allan F. Giesen, DO (Physician)
    Dr. Giesen is a Stanford University trained, third generation physician who received his osteopathic medical training from the University of New England near Kennebunkport, Maine. Dr. Giesen practices biodynamic osteopathy in the cranial field which is a "hands on" holistic approach that capitalizes on the intrinsic self-healing properties of the mind, body, and spirit of an individual as that person is nourished and supported within the greater health of their surroundings. Biodynamic osteopathy is a form of treatment which can be helpful for a variety of ailments including chronic debilitating injuries, specific injuries to the spine, head or neck, headaches, diffuse back pain, gastrointestinal problems, autoimmune illnesses, irritable or anxious moods, and also for anyone who is interested in maximizing their wellness. The healing in biodynamic osteopathy is provided by the patient themselves with Dr. Giesen facilitating an increased awareness and contact with the "health within".(Source)

Wellness Center for the Peace Abbey
    64 Exchange Street
    Millis, MA 02054
    longtide@verizon.net
    Website

Douglas R. Johnson, MD (Physician)
    Charlton Hospital
    Physical Medicine and Rehab
    363 Highland Ave.
    Fall River, MA 02720
    (508) 679-7156
    Insurance Accepted: Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Independent Blue Cross, Tufts Health Plans, United Health Care

Additional Massachusetts Practitioner
    Michele Lowenthal, MS

Eugenio Martinez, MD (Physician)
    In a forum post, co-founder of the Boston TMS support group, Veronica, described her appointment with Dr. Martinez. Among other things, she wrote, "I have a TMS doctor and he's great! ... My TMS doctor, Dr. Martinez, is a physiatrist who treats a lot of conditions, not just TMS, so I knew if I had something else besides TMS he would be able to tell me. ... Our appointment was pretty much like what Sarno describes in his books--Dr. M. spent about 1 1/2 hours with me talking about TMS, personality traits, what was going on in my life, childhood, etc. and then also pressing on some of the points Sarno describes that are usually sensitive in people with TMS ... It reassured me to hear that the conditions I had all fell under TMS, and to hear that from a doctor that treats TMS and also other conditions. Dr. Martinez told me to call if I had any different symptoms pop up. That did happen a few times and we would usually just talk about it on the phone and he'd tell me it sounded like more TMS and just to come in if it didn't improve or got worse. To read more, click here.

Boston, Massachusetts
    617 754-5246
    781 444-5080
    emartine@caregroup.harvard.edu
    or
    Pro Sports Orthopedics
    200 Providence Highway
    Dedham, MA 02026
    emartine@caregroup.harvard.edu
    (781) 326-7108
    (781) 326-5839 Fax

Jay Rosenfeld, MD (Physician)
    Rehabilitation Hospital of the Cape and Islands
    311 Service Road
    East Sandwich, MA 02537
    (508) 833-4160
    (508) 833-4195 fax
    Website
    Insurance Accepted: Most major providers including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare (including First Seniority®), Tufts Health Plan (including Tufts Medicare Preferred), Medicaid, CHAMPUS and other military insurance plans

Ronald D. Siegel, PsyD (Therapist)
    Dr Siegel is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School where he has taught for the past 25 years. In 1988, he was disabled by back pain. His personal experience led him to develop the treatments described in his book. He is co-author of "Backsense:: A Revolutionary Approach to Halting the Cycle of Chronic Back Pain." He is also coeditor of Mindfulness and Psychotherapy (Guilford, 2005) and maintains a private practice in Lincoln, Massachusetts specializing in the treatment of chronic pain. He says "This new approach to chronic back pain is based on the emerging scientific consensus that most chronic back pain is caused by stress, fear, muscle tension, and inactivity, rather than by damaged or defective spinal structures. Despite being stress-related, the pain is certainly not imagined or "all in your head." We know that it is completely real. Muscle tension and spasms can cause intense pain. (Source 1) (Source 2)

20 Long Meadow Road
    Lincoln, MA 01773
    Website
    (781) 259-3434
    Main Wiki Page on Ronald Siegel

3. Boston Redsox

Have you seen any of them Tom?

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Those are in Mass. I'm on the left coast. Sign up for Nicole for tomorrow night, it's a freebie. Or, there's a forum here where you can ask TMS therapists:

Ask a TMS Therapist
    This subforum is reserved for the Ask a TMS Therapist program, in which TMS Therapists from the Pain Psychology Center have volunteered to answer questions from our forum. To submit your question, use this form.

5. Boston Redsox

Thx Tom I was looking for people opinions.....I am actually Skype a therpistbfrom the west coast and she is excellent.