1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

tms= that's my signal

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by karinabrown, Feb 9, 2016.

1. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Hello everybody,

Joined this website 3 weeks ago..read 2 books of dr.Sarno..did SEP program 4 day and then: Paused..
    Really out of character for me but feel it is a smart to do now
    Why?
    Read dozens of stories : A lot of positive..
    But also some scarry stuff
    What it is bothering me at this moment :
    I've been.working to get 'better ' really hard the past 3 years and putting less focus on my pain and what's happening now: More focus on pain and feeling not too good. I've know from reading here that's can be a good sign
    Lets hope so : For now i find it scarry
    Also: I have the habit of going in 200 % into something when i think it can help me..wich can be way too much..so slowing down is absolute necessary.

Something else : I do not like the Idea (again) in my head : Of ' healing'..when i do that i again i see myself as sick..broken..someone who needs to be fixed. Do't want to add to that.
    Don't want the think of myself suffering from a'syndrome' also.
    I need a different 'startposition' i guess from this. Maybe more like : My mind is giving me bodypain instead of pain in my mind. And that i must learn to turn that around. Never kept a journal : Will start now. Can say in past weeks learned a lot already.something will change..don't know today what: But who knows?
    Me slowing down already is special
    For now will slowly move on with this..reading..leaning..jounalizing
    I call it TMS= that's my signal

maybe this is not enough to start with ? maybe it is good..will see

greetings
    Karina

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Karina. Yes, you got it... don't put such pressure on yourself to heal. That can slow down the healing process. Believe in TMS emotions causing your pain, but don't obsess about it. Spend more time relaxing, doing things you like, and spend only half an hour o at most an hour a day on TMS and pain.

It you haven't done the Structured Educational Program yet, I highly recommend it. It helped me and many others to heal from back pain and other pains through journaling to discover the emotions causing our pain. I also will make you feel good because you will know you are doing something positive about healing.

Don't rush forward to healing... Move slowly but confidently forward. Have a really good day. Spend some time doing something that you enjoy.

3. karinabrown

thanks Walt: again
    needed to hear that from someone who knows all this, and more.
    yes: doing also enjoyable things is very important. over the years made my mistakes on that part try to be wiser now
    this year will turn 50 and hope i already learned something. this habit of overdoing it is maybe one of my tms ticks? who knows
    or 'tricks' perhaps better word
    for now it all scares my a bit: but i am not let that get me off this road
    today was a bit sad : suddenly my dog gave me a real nice hug and made me smile : you must love them, dont' you

thanks
    greetingkarin

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Karina. The nice thing about TMS programs is that YOU set the pace. You know when you need to slow down. Kudos to you for being self-aware and recognizing what you need right now.
    Welcome to the program!

5. karinabrown

thank you Gigi! what a lot of special and positive people here