1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 TMS Story or book which helped me accept the diagnosis

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Raj s, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

I wont or cant pinpoint one particular book or story or blog post or article which helped me in accepting diagnosis.. Each and every single thing I read helped me a lot.. The more you read, the more success story you read will make you believe.. that this is possible.. However if I want to say one which had more influence in me accepting the diagnosis, i would say Alan Gordon's recovery program in this site...I had read it only once.. I am also planning it to read more number of times...The way he explained things, the question which arises in my mind are clearly there..

I would like to mention this line in that program,

"Accepting the diagnosis is generally an ongoing process, so don’t feel like you have to achieve 100% acceptance before moving on. It’s true, acceptance can lead to a reduction of symptoms, but even truer is that a reduction of symptoms can lead to acceptance"

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree that the more reading about TMS and the success stories, the closer we get to accepting and working on our TMS.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with this Raj S, like Dr. Sarno said, The knowledge is the cure. I have been studying a long time now and still love to read and think and combine and mix all the stories and books I learn from. Thanks, bless you