1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Evidence Sheet (On and Off symptoms)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Freedom, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

One of the things Alan Gordon recommends is a evidence sheet to write down times when the pain doesn't happen (http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program (TMS Recovery Program)).

Is this indicating that if your symptoms are not 100% consistent than it is more likely they are from TMS then some real disorder?

ON a side note, are there more in-depth examples of the audio tracks from that link? I look/listen to one where they talk about pressure and I can relate to the idea that "if I don't put pressure on myself I won't get anything done" and thats when the audio track cut off, I was still waiting for a reframe or solution here.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, when you start an evidence sheet, you will slowly gather more and more evidence that help you determine that symptoms are not consistent and are often flaring up at certain parts of the day, certain locations, situations etc.. This can be a very important tool, especially when you start to doubt again. A couple of nights ago, I had been having pain in my knee from working out a couple of days before, I woke up in the middle of the night to pee half-awake half-asleep. When I returned to my bedroom I woke up and suddenly realized I had no pain at all during the trip to my bathroom and back.... Just an example of something I would write down on my evidence sheet.

3. pspa

pspa Well known member

Yeah, pain can be like Roadrunner cartoons, where the coyote runs off the cliff but doesn't start to fall until a few seconds later after he looks down and realizes he is supposed to fall. Cartoon physics is the term I think.