1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Cold & sinuses!!???

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Hummingbird, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Peer Supporter

TMS rears its head again! I "cure a symptom" go a good while, forget about TMS and then sneaky TMS, sneaks into my life again. I have recently been sick for an entire month off and on. Started a new business, an in home daycare, and got SUPER stressed doing it as I feared I was making a horrendous mistake, was under utilizing my education and skills, and just had a heck of a time with the government licensing process. Then when I got the littles, I got sick, and sick and sick. This last time was the sickest I have ever been with a cold. Last night my sinus pain got so severe, I thought, I need to go to emergency. The bones in my face hurt, my teeth, I began having nerve pain in my teeth. I thought, this is weird I never felt this bad today... this is day 10 of this cold...I have never felt this in my life, I don't have any coloured discharge from my nose... AND I REALIZED TMS!!!!! AS I looked up TMS and sinuses, and saw others had dealt with this too, within an hour my sinus pain had disappeared. It has been giving it to me and then dissipating. I know what I am like when I am TMSING, and I have been, I have been obsessive about germs, sickness, getting kids sick, having no fun at all, surviving, obsessing about how crappy I feel, trying so hard to get shit right, and generally driving myself crazy. I am pretty convinced I have flared up again, but wanted to hear others experiences with TMS and colds, sinuses etc. Can TMS just hijack your cold? Bugger up your immunity? I think so. What do you all think?

JanAtheCPA and Free of Fear like this.
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi Hummingbird,

I have for sure had TMS symptoms from the littlies! I care for two little boys and I was afraid of catching everything, and so for awhile I did. I've taken care of them since they were infants. However, applying tms knowledge and talking to my immune system has kept me healthy through colds, viruses, flus and "stomach flu." I can't say I'll never get a bug, but I'm going to keep trying not to!

So have a good talk to your immune system/brain and work on your emotions and stress just like you did before, I think you can get your balance back!

Lizzy

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Hummingbird

Thanks Lizzy,

I doubt my body’s symptoms, I always think TMS. I have been to hospital after the sinus pain getting too much and I do have an infection, now feeling wretched. It seems like my immune system just crapped out this month. It helps to hear you found your balance!

Shauna

Lizzy likes this.
  4. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

This is an interesting thread because I have a tooth abscess that comes and goes and, while it is infection, I really believe that when I am deep in the throes of good old TMS, my immune system just gets totally out of whack!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Hummingbird

I agree completely! I was reading (Sarno) about how TMS completely can disable immune system function by making it overactive (allergies & autoimmune disorders) so it would stand to reason it could cause the opposite effect. We have to deal with the infection once we have it, but I’m fairly convinced the root cause of my recent immune system struggling is TMS related as I caught myself in old “TMS”ing behaviour of worry and extremely high and excessive expectations of myself.

Balsa11 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  6. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

Hi hummingbird, I'm in a very similar situation to you - started working at an elementary school in November and already been sick three times, going through the third one now. TMS definitely hijacked it, the aches have gone straight to my back. But, I've also stopped doing TMS work in the last month, and I see now that I let things get away from me, got caught up in over-achieving and high expectations that have led to me straining. Back to the journal! (Journaling works for me)

Best wishes getting through this during the holidays

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  7. Lb15

Lb15 Newcomer

I am going through the EXACT same thing!!!!!

8. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, if you're under a considerable amount of stress, your immune system's ability to completely clear and/or recover from outbreaks of viral sinus infections, colds, certain allergies, mono, HPV, herpes, psoriasis, influenza, etc. is significantly decreased.

Sinus infections and HPV are excellent examples of viruses where stress can delay the amount of time it should take for them to be completely cleared out by the immune system, and stress can cause symptoms identical to sinus infections. I often get sinus infections when I'm stressed out. My case of mono lingered on far too long because I was going through so much emotional turmoil at the time. Herpes and psoriasis are notoriously affected by stress as well, frequently causing outbreaks when one is dealing with powerful emotions. I have a friend whose cold sores popped up during large college exams; the herpes virus would lie dormant in her body except for these times. These are just a few examples - there are endless examples related to this topic.

In fact, the American Sinus Institution even recognizes that many patients report stress triggering infections: https://www.americansinus.com/stress-cause-sinus-problems/

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  9. Lb15

Lb15 Newcomer

So I guess I need to do some serious journaling and deep breathing to figure out what is going on that is causing this - but I think I already know:(

10. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

No frowney face! This is the GOOD news! It means that YOU can take control over your health.

Recognize that your fearful brain is where the negativity is coming from, and make the decision to reject it. And visualize this :joyful: instead.

Lb15 and Lizzy like this.
  11. Lb15

Lb15 Newcomer

Ok

12. Lb15

Lb15 Newcomer

You are right!!!!! Thank you. My symptoms have gone down significantly already.....i agree it's a good thing to know about this

13. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Leftover congestion + pain: TMS. You're over the cold.