1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS book recommendation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Aaricia, Feb 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you so much! You made my day, because the book is written for people like you!

This only reiterates Dr. Sarno's astute observation that TMS is a disease of a mind and a personality, not of a body, and that we all have to travel the same path of realization and self-discovery in order to heal. Yes, feel free to ask questions, and I wish your story to end equally happily!

It is a very good question that I have been asking myself but could never come up with a clear answer, because we can't re-live our lives. For sure, I was going through a very stressful period in life about 6-8 months prior. Interesting to note that stress started coming down a bit by the time the first physical symptom popped up.

But the story of Aunt Gina did not even float to the top of my consciousness as directly related to my own condition until few weeks later, when symptoms spread onto the second hand. I do think that knowing how her life ended added a realization that a similar kind of end was inevitable for me. And at that point everything started escalating, anxiety, panic, fear.

hawaii_five0 and miffybunny like this.
  2. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Thanks. Interesting.

I had to smile at the bit when the pain doc gets a bit annoyed at your mentioning Dr. Sarno, and you think "All due respect, but you have to wonder why there is a web site called "Thank you Dr Sarno" but no web site "Thank you Dr. L"

miffybunny and TG957 like this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

TG957's book is outstanding! It deserves much more attention than it gets. And for only $0.99. I prefer it to some of the "highly thought of" books around here. ;)

I'm also looking forward to Alan Gordon's upcoming book.

hawaii_five0 likes this.
  4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you so much!

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  5. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Thank you for your book! It's a true gift.

hawaii_five0 and TG957 like this.