1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS Again?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by tezzasponger, Feb 4, 2014.

1. tezzasponger

tezzasponger New Member

Hi everyone

One week ago I had right sided inguinal hernia repair which unfortunately needed to be done. All was well until Sunday when I started getting funny sensations on the groin, pain on the right SIJ along with sciatica down my right leg (This especially doesn't make sense). Plus I feel like I'm not emptying my bladder fully.

Prior to the surgery I made the biggest mistake of researching what could go wrong with a hernia repair and and became worried about the surgery. And it doesn't stop, I still continue to research to see if my symptoms match with others who have gone through the same thing as me. Before surgery I had pains in another part of my stomach which were not related, which surprise surprise went away after my surgery.

In the past I had LBP and sciatica this all went away once I got it into my head I had TMS. I am a very anxious and stressful person and angry individual at times.

Now i have started to have all of these funny symptoms plus SIJ pain and sciatica I don't know what to think. Part of me is telling me its could be TMS, but another part of me is now worried its the effect of the surgery. If anyone could advise me it would be great.

Thanks

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It sounds to me like you're just worrying that the hernia surgery went wrong or is causing you pain.
    It's usually not a good idea to look up our pain symptoms on "Dr. Google" because the information may be misleading.

I think you should consider the new pains to be TMS. Don't think they have anything to do with the hernia surgery or
    with anything structural or otherwise physical.

I was given back pain by my unconscious mind so I would learn about Dr. Sarno and TMS and discover my
    repressed emotions that went back to childhood.

I suggest you watch this video in which Dr. Sarno lectures on TMS.
    Then believe 100 percent that your pain is from TMS repressed emotions.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Your words paint pictures. Sounds just like TMS to me. I'd take the advice from the SEP program here at the community. We have a lot of special things happen here. Where have you been?

4. tezzasponger

tezzasponger New Member

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted anything since my initial post. Thanks for all your help.

I have stopped looking on Dr google as it makes me more anxious and nervous.

Once I started telling myself I have TMS, surprise surprise the sensations have gone and the pain has reduced. However, I started to get symptoms with my bladder, where I felt like I needed to go and empty it out every 20-30 minutes. I read someone else testimony on here who had similar symptoms to me. Then that went and then I get symptoms where I get pain in my stomach, then twitches in my arm, then that goes and it try's to get me in my back. It doesn't help when for a brief moment I think there is something going on in that area of pain or discomfort as this makes it worse. This is so obvious its TMS. But its getting annoying as symptoms go from one place then hit me in another place.

I do feel very anxious a lot of the time and I can't get rid of that feeling even if I try to think whats causing it. I have read healing back pain By Dr Sarno and I have tried a few of the techniques on here, it has worked a little bit but I still continue getting symptoms popping up where they please. I now live in Singapore and there is no TMS practitioner here ( I wish there was). Unfortunately here TMS does not exist. I think I'm one of those individuals who needs to see a TMS practitioner.

I will continue my fight and will keep you all informed.

Thanks

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

6. tezzasponger

tezzasponger New Member

Thanks Eric

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  7. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi Tezzasponger,
    I hope you will try the Structured Educational Program on this wiki. It has more information, resources, exercises to help you heal the TMS than you could ask for.
    I just finished up with a bout of symptom imperatives. I am so relieved to have it over with AND I was so relieved to have the TMS info to really question what was going on. I followed the suggestions to not give the pain much mind or attention. Hard to do when ITS PAINFUL!! ha-ha But i did the best I could and sure enough, all symptoms dissipated. I"m positive your symptoms will also calm down as you start doing the healing exercises and work. I was told to be happy about my new symptoms because it meant that the TMS was on the RUN! And sure enough, when I had the pain in my knees, my back didn't hurt. When my back hurt, the pain in my knees went away. Today - I just have minimal pain in the original spot and I know that it is all melting melting away.
    Keep us posted!:)

Ellen likes this.