1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

this might be tms.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Nov 25, 2018.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hello guys! so to sum it up. i have been dealing with constant depression, overthinking, stress anxiety and other psychological symptoms because im dealing with hormonal issues and whats worst i cant find a good doc (have a microadenoma). anyways, lately i have been feeling cold, dry/cracked hands that everytime i focus on them or watch my hands they either bleed or hurts like nuts. everytime i think of maybe eliminating foods like dairy or gluten they hurt. also when eating them i get runny nose.

i have ocd of a lot of things but mostly of wanting to stay clean (taking 30 minutes shower, washing hands constantly even washing my phone and everything daily because i think they have bacterias and i will get sick)

im trying my best to reduce the ocd but the anxiety is high that i end up doing them. i read its better to fight the ocd instead of ignoring them?

anyways, i wonder if this could be due to allergies or actual tms.

other symptoms: no libido, ed, feeling cold, short term memory, no eyaculation, no motivation, no desire to do anything, no energy, constanly feeling like failure altho i say NO and that i will succed in life, constatly urinating (prob due to e2 low), back pain when i think of lifting something heavy withoit proper form), cant concentrate, and probably more but i cant remember. o being anti social hehe. also losing weight constantly worried and contantly thinking that if i dont get 7-8 hours of sleep my day will be bad.

do not worry about trying to harm me with comments guys! i accept everything. im trying my best to find a cure

i think my biggest problem is searching for info in the internet because even when going to 100 endocrinologist, since i know a lot, i will never be satisfied with what they offer or treatment because i know a lot of hormones and i know their protocols are not adecuate for my situation but i end up doing nothing.

thanks guys and sorry for my english

im a true believer of tms and have cured a lot of stuff. but it seems to be attacking me psychologically now and not physically

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

When did the hormonal issues start? What was going on in your life at the time? Have you been given a formal diagnosis?

Is anyone helping you with the obsessive compulsive symptoms? Neuroplasticity techniques are often the most beneficial here.

https://www.unlearninganxiety.com/amygdala/ (Amygdala — Unlearning Anxiety)

http://discovermagazine.com/2013/nov/14-defense-free-will (Rewiring the Brain to Treat OCD | DiscoverMagazine.com)

Personally, I can't speak to not having a libido or similar symptoms - I've dealt with the opposite problem and have always been a sexual person (which intensified even more when my hormones were thrown out of whack after coming off a medication). But symptoms like feeling cold, no energy, feeling like a failure, frequent urination, poor memory - I've experienced those from an overactive sympathetic nervous system caused by stress. How are you managing your stress?

It's true that the mind-body connection can have an intense impact on one's psyche:
    SOURCE: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-mind-body-connection/201412/all-the-rage-film-about-dr-sarno-emotions-and-health (All the Rage: A Film About Dr Sarno, Emotions, and Health)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    stevow7 likes this.
  3. stevow7

hello! yes i do have ocd and the thing is, i cant medicate due to my hormonal problems. im looking for treatment but can't find cognitive therapy in my area (puerto rico).
    it might be because of stress also. cortisol is supposed to wreck our hormone too if im correct? thanks for your time to reply. will totally read the links!

4. Dorado

That's OK - neuroplasticity techniques have been shown to be more effective at driving long-term improvements for OCD than medications anyway. Medications are are often associated with relapses in OCD patients. Have you looked into digital/virtual therapy or coaching?

Yes, cortisol absolutely affects hormones! Have you considered natural solutions like phosphatidylserine? It helps reduce cortisol levels, and can be stopped anytime - you don't have to worry about dependency or weaning off. I'd of course make sure a doctor is aware of anything you're considering taking: https://www.invitehealth.com/article-phosphatidylserine-a-superhero-for-your-brain.html (Phosphatidylserine: A Superhero for Your Brain)

Do your symptoms tend to increase or decrease based on your stress levels? How is your diet and exercise routine? How happy are you with your life in general? How supportive are the people around you?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  5. stevow7

no i have not but i will look for the therapy for sure! someone mentioned ERP to combat ocd. what do you think?

no i have not tried natural solutions. just meditation, but i still need to focus on the present moment and avoid overthinking. i tend to overthink all day long. yesterday i had labs tests done and today an mri of my head to see the size of the tumor

symptoms increases when im stressed? yup the only one is energy. when im stressed my energy goes down. also mental fogginess.

6'2'' weight 154, currently bulking.
    5/3/1 beginners, 3 days a week full body, 30 ish hours standing and a bit of walking in a retailer (job), 1 hour walk when i can.
    currently aiming for 3k everyday, even on sedentary days. (dont know if this is adviced)

diet:

protein: chicken salmon ground beef eggs
    carbs: rice, potato, sweet potato pasta oats bread
    veggies: carrots broc**** cauliflour onion spinach
    fruits: papaya strawberry banana and avocado (50 grams to be exact)
    fats: pb coconut oil butter (natural) cheese cashews and avocado

breakfast:

oats, eggs (styr fried), coffee

lunch: pasta with chicken and cheese or rice with chicken and spinach.

dinner: either sweet potato or red potato with salmon or ground beef and 2-3 servings of veggies

before bed: 4 slices of bread, banana, papaya, strawberry, pb and some cashews.

macros:

protein: 155
    carbs: 380
    fats: around 95

------------------------------------------------
    I want to say I'm happy, but tbh im depressed and not happy at all. my depression because of my symptoms is bad :(
    the only one i have as a support is my grandomother who literally takes care of me because i tend to have short term memory and cannot make proper decisions. im young and shes old i need to fix this to take care of her.

one of my biggest problems (if it is) is searching around forum for more and more info about treatments and when i go to new doctor almost nothing satisfies me because i know a lot and just refuse treatments with bad protocols.

6. stevow7

i also have a question guys. im worrying too much about certain foods like flax seeds on bread could lower testosterone and literally makes me avoid eating foods i like. should i actuallh drop the?

7. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Stevow,

This is my take on things (i've posted about this before on the forums)...there really is not evidence that diet in the way you describe will cause hormone issues and mental health issues. Yes, having a balanced diet with lots of different kind of foods and nutrients is good, but obsession over specifics of diet is sort of like another form of TMS onto itself. No one food in moderate quantities will make your testosterone low, let alone cause something like OCD. I truly believe in intuitive eating and not following any kind of restrictive diet plans for good mental and physical health. Don't worry about eating the "wrong" foods, it sounds like you're already keeping very close track of your eating, which might be contributing to the anxiety and such. Try to relax about exercise too! You don't have to run or exercise a specific way or amount, just regularly incorporating whatever you like to do a few times per week is great.

Do you have access to any mental health services, either in person or by Skype?

stevow7, readytoheal and Dorado like this.
  8. stevow7

wow thanks so much! i know that if i manage to reduce this anxiety, stress and ocd i will actually recover smoothly but the thing is i cannot get treatment by pills due to hormones. ive tried dozens of psychologist and psychiatrist but no one could help even with hypnosis because i dont seem to function well with the medicine + here in puerto rico theres no cognitive therapy or atleast when i ask they dont offer it. i do recognize i have mental issues and im trying to apply tms for it but its so hard. i cured my herniated disc pain with it but this ocd and anxiety came out of no where. im constantly looking for info about hormones and whats the best and worst foods that im not even enjoying bread because it says it haves flax seeds or even fruits because high sugar intake leads to low test. and always worried because if i dont sleep 7 hours i will have a bad day

9. Dorado

Yup, I agree with MindBodyPT - it's definitely important to have a diet that is healthy and balanced overall, but don't worry about achieving the "perfect" diet. Just aim to get in lots of whole, unprocessed foods, and don't feel like you can never enjoy a special treat or something like flaxseeds because you're afraid of how it may affect your hormones. You don't have to be perfect. This is the same thing I've said about adrenal fatigue as well - people literally drive themselves crazy.

My advice would be to not obsess over anything, continue living a balanced lifestyle, and find resources to manage your anxiety and emotions. Both of us who responded to this thread have recommended digital or telephonic coaching or therapy - I still think that would be a great resource for you! I don't know exactly what's going on with your hormones, the recommended treatments, your responses to them, etc., but I would certainly say that addressing your mental health is huge here.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    stevow7 likes this.
  10. stevow7

thanks a lot guys! boy you know whats interesting? several weeks ago i had a bit of tooth pain in my left side. i called dentist for 6 month check up and cleaning. dentist went to do an xray and found out 3 cavities (i dont know how i get so many. even with 20 minutes of flossing ED i still get them) and she told me to wait 3 months for next appointment... WHAT? i freaked out and want to know whats interesting? the pain stopped on that side BUT new pain kicked in where i saw the cavities (small ones) and the pain is going up to my ear and head. such lol. but tbh i truly dont know why she would get rid of the cavities three months from here.

btw, im taking the advice from you guys! i went to eat out yesterday (havent eatten out because of strict diet) and while my anxiety went up i still said i will go. i actually made my family happy because i did this. not easy to drop the strict diet and counting calories thought.

11. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes! Recovery from restrictive eating can take a while so go easy on yourself. Great that you were able to go out to eat and hopefully enjoy some of the food!

Interesting about the tooth, shows you how pain can shift around a lot and may or may not correlate with any physical issue! The cavities probably weren’t an emergency so the doctor just figured they’d wait.

12. Daisy2

Daisy2 Newcomer

Check out the book "Brain Lock" by Jeffrey M. Schwartz. He walks the reader through a CBT process that is life changing for people with OCD.