1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The TMS song (sing it to your brain)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Here is a song by Twisted Sister called we're not gonna take it.

A friend of mine used it in her recovery from TMS.

Sing it and shout it to your brain. I've just started jogging again after 5 years so I'm gonna put it on my iPod when I'm running. Hope you like.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The song is sure lively and repeats a great TMS theme.

Richsimm22 likes this.
  3. Richsimm22

It certainly is walt. Alot of the lyrics are quite appropriate to how we feel about our symptoms and tms.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is awesome. Its exactly the attitude you have to have to win the battle. Thank God in time you wont have to fight consciously so much. It will become a habit. You apply Sarnos laws daily. Also gain the ability to control your own thoughts that you have become conscious of thus being able to be in control of your thinking. Awesome episode number 4 for you Richsimms22. You got an eye for whats occurring. Now use those metaphors to never take that conditioned to the tms state again.

I remember twisted sister from when I was a kid. Those guys logo would look great for a tms therapist logo used ya know. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  5. nancy

nancy Well known member

Great song!! I remember it well. I feel like the song expresses, not going to take it any more.
    I love this song, I means so much to me. I have had it with taking it any longer, freedom is
    waiting. Love ya Nancy

6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Rich, I was blaring that a few weeks ago and yes, it IS a perfect TMS song. At the time I was using it, I dealing with some parental frustrations. Works good for that too. ;)

PS I'm going to put this on my ipod too. I plan on taking up jogging this spring…after the ice and snow are melted. It's been YEARS for this girl so I know this song will cheer me on.

7. Richsimm22

Might try that. I reckon the 13 daily reminder should be simply

WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE :D

North Star likes this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Right, Richsimm. Isn't that message the tv newsman gave in the movie "Network"?

9. Richsimm22

Not sure walt ive never seen the movie.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

The Danny Kaye movie is available to rent on DVD from Netflix.
    I'm sure it's the best of the two versions to see.

You may get lots of laughs from his daydreams.

11. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

What an awesome TMS song!!!! Today, I came back from an hour car ride and my back or my buttock I am not
    sure which one started to feel like intense nerve pain. I came home and threw myself on the couch and I was
    exhausted but I was thinking those exact words I am not going to take it anymore.

As soon as the pain subsided even though I was exhausted I proceeded to walk around the dining room table
    in sets of 5 for 30 times, my neck was stiffing but I continued. I was saying to myself I am not going to let
    TMS rule me anymore.

Victory is ours!!!!!

Richsimm22 and yb44 like this.
  12. Painfreefuture

Painfreefuture Peer Supporter

I was hurting today and feeling so tired of being afraid... tired of being afraid to climb the stairs, to bend, to sit, to drive, to over do it, and then I thought of this song and I thought... well, I'm just not going to be afraid anymore - at least in this moment right now. Thank you for the post!

Richsimm22 likes this.
  13. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I just didn't want to do my weekly grocery shopping this morning. The sun was out, the sidewalks and streets
    finally free of snow and ice, even though there's lots of it in mounds all around my house. I've been kind
    of stir crazy from being indoors so much this winter, and didn't want it to develop into agoraphobia,
    so I told myself I will drive and shop and not fall and come back with all the groceries I need for a week.

I didn't sing the song you talk about, but filled my mind with positive thoughts and detemination.
    I drove and shopped at two grocery chains in malls near each other and came home fine.

I'll be 84 in June and just refuse to stop doing things for myself like shopping. That would be relying
    on others and I'm trying to stay as independent as possible.

As Bette Davis said, "Growing old ain't for sissies."

I refuse to be a sissy. I'm not going to take it all, much less anymore.

G.R. likes this.
  15. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Walt,
    I wish you were my neighbor we could do our food shopping together.
    I have so much admiration and respect for you.
    You have a whole fan club on this forum. You are truly a role model for all of us.
    Your Dear Friend,
    G.R.

Forest likes this.