1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 The overdue journey begins...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Return2Life, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Return2Life

Return2Life Newcomer

I had a sense that I had TMS before I had heard of the term. I am 54 years old and had been relatively healthy until last year. Depression was the only significant problem. In the last year, following some major traumas, I experienced one health problem after another: tinnitus, IBS, insomnia, TMJ dysfunction, Eustachian tube dysfunction, bacterial infection, sciatica, neck arthritis and depression and anxiety. I knew that stress was causing these things or making them worse. The fact that these health problems happened after serious life traumas was obviously no coincidence. The idea was made more manifest when I listened to Alan Gordon's book about pain reprocessing therapy. Yet I really didn't do anything with this information. I was doing physical therapy for an hour every day and my pain from sciatica and neck arthritis pretty much went away.

But other problems continued to nag at me, including the tinnitus and TMJ disorder and insomnia. I realized I needed to work on my mind as much if not more than my body. I started listening to Sarno's second book and realized I need to learn this stuff.

And that's why I'm here. I'm glad I found this resource.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

It is great that you have already linked symptoms to your stressors and trauma. This is very helpful in fighting doubt and fear as you go through the program. Good luck and be sure to reach out if you have questions or concerns!

NataliaBond and Return2Life like this.
  3. Satori

Satori New Member

Glad you are here!

Return2Life likes this.
  4. deny

deny Peer Supporter

Did you solve your ETD?