1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The most amazing thing happened!!!!!!!! Need to share this!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stranger, Nov 23, 2012.

1. stranger

stranger New Member

Hi Guys

I'd like to elaborate my story with you guys..

For the past ten years I've been dealing with alot of stuff; economical issues, family-problems and just alot of traumatizing stress (you propably know what I'm talking about)

Anyhow I was so caught up with studying, working my ass off (sorry for the language!!!), and pleasing everyone but myself.
    Basically everything culminated with a horrible confrontation in six months ago, and I was suspended from work and school (I still am until March..). When this incident happend I was so crushed that I started to cry. I cried about all the stuff I've been dealing with for some years, and I just couldnt stop; guys, I've never experienced anything like that ever before!!!!

Three weeks later (in june), I wake up, and cant feel my legs. I am paralyzed so to speak, and my back hurts like hell! I make the conclusion that it must be a herniated disc, which makes me go to my doctor. She quickly says. that its just some myofascial muscle pain, and that I should relax. I go home, relax and the pain actually goes away. Three weeks later (after the initial pain) it bothers me again, and once again am I stressed out about the pain; a herniated disc usually means that one cant work (well, that what I thought before I knew anything about TMS).. So I visited a massage therapist, and I dont know what he did, but the pain got worse, and chronical; at first I just had incidens of pain, but after seeing the massage therapist, the pain got worse, and didnt go away! I now knew the true feeling of beeing miserable.

Doctors now told me that it was a herniated disc; "do this and that, sit like this, dont bend forward" etc. I was loosing my mind. I was stuck in the routines given by the doctors, and I keept sitting in these awkward positions and doing all sorts of excercises with little effect. Doctors didnt order me a MRI; they just assumed that I had a herniated disc..

THIS IS THE AMAZING PART

17 days ago I discovered this site, and the whole TMS concept by John Sarno (God bless him!!!). I started to read about him, and studied all about him and his theory. In just 7 days my pain decreased from a solid 10 (out of ten) to a 4. I actually cried of joy, when I experienced this effect! I got even more excited, and kept journaling, reading all the posts made in this forum. Furthermore I started talking to myself and my brain. IT HELPS! When journaling I get this chillin' sensation going down my spine. I CAN LIFT WEIGHTS AGAIN.

Afterwards I got the MRI, and the doctors told me that my spine was actually fine, and that it was healthy etc..At the moment, after having pain everyday in almost 6 months I only have some back stifness, which I am sure will go away in time..

I have no doubt in my mind that the TMS is my illness. Funny thing is that I right now have the worse headache of my life..the TMS is moving around!!

Anyway just wanted to share my happy story with ya!

Hugs!!

Beach-Girl, Jilly, Anna1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi Stranger. Happy to read of your realizations!

stranger likes this.
  3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

That is fantastic!!

stranger likes this.
  4. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Stranger,

Glad you are doing doing so well. I read of Sarno years ago, but never really practiced until about seven weeks ago, when my sciatic pain really flared up. I found this forum and really dove in, and after about five weeks my pain was much less, but I had bad headaches, dizziness, and weird fibromyalgia type feelings. They've gone now, and my pain is about a 2. I'm looking forward to it being totally gone. Anyway, glad you know it is just TMS moving around. We have very sneaky minds!

stranger likes this.
  5. crimslock

crimslock Peer Supporter

Hi Stranger,

Thanks for your post. I too "When journalling I get this chillin' sensation going down my spine"
    Sometimes when journalling i feel my muscles releasing from my hips and glutes. Its amazing and free of charge!!!

stranger likes this.
  6. stranger

stranger New Member

The mind is truly an amazing thing!!

Its such a reliefment to hear that I'm not alone!

#Terry; I totally know what you're talking about! You will get better, there is no doubt about it!

#Crimslock; its funny how the past gives us these invincible scars, and how we tend not to even care about them!! I also feel that the hard nodes in my back soften up, and gives me reliefment..

I'm so happy guys!!! I'm really overjoyed!

7. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Stranger. Glad that you discovered this site and the work of Dr. Sarno and that it helped you understand and thereby alleviate your TMS pain. Interesting too how your pain got worse and became chronic after visiting the massage therapist. What Dr Sarno would say is that you were confirming the structural cause of your problem and hence playing into the psychological strategy behind TMS. Your mind wants you to believe the pain is physical in order to distract you from scary emotions repressed into your unconscious. I remember that when I had a TMS relapse in 2007 I went running back to PT because that's what I'd done under my doctor's orders when I had a so-called herniated disk in 2002. I thought it would help but all that happened was that the pain in my back and left leg got worse and became chronic. I think therefore that Dr Sarno is very correct when he says that medical mis-diagnosis of mind-body symptoms goes a long way toward creating and perpetuating those problems. Hope you continue to progress on the road toward a pain-free existence.

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Terry, I'm ordering a copy of LOVING WHAT IS. Thanks for telling us about it.
    I think it will be a big help while I'm doing the Sarno and Brady work.

9. Anna1

Anna1 Peer Supporter

Dear Walt, what a very inspiring story!!!!

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, and I love inspiring stories about TMS relief.

I'm getting there. Feel like my subconscious is starting to ease up on me.
    I keep remembering more repressed emotions to tell it about.
    I've got a bumper crop of them.

11. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

;) WOW ! this is great ! That headache will go away too !

12. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi again Stranger:

So NOW I find this post. So very happy you are in a good place. I hope this continues for you.

Sounds like you are officially "out of the hole"? Hope so.

Take good care

BG