1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 the first day of my quest to become pain free

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MattC, Jun 7, 2015.

1. MattC

MattC New Member

I have been experiencing severe back pain/sciatica for the past 6 months. The pain is constant and sometimes when I catch a glimpse of my own reflection in a shop window as I limp down the street, I worry that I will have to live as a cripple for the rest of my life!
    I picked up the Sarno book a few months ago at the recommendation of a friend. I identified strongly with Dr. Sarno's description of TMS and its causes, yet "knowledge therapy" has not worked for me thus far. I think perhaps I have not fully accepted the diagnosis, and have used Dr. Sarno's ideas as conversation starters, rather than applying the principles to my own life in a meaningful way...

But I've suffered enough. It's time to start taking this seriously.

So, I am hereby committing myself to the 6-Week Structured Educational Program in the hopes of changing my life for the better and freeing myself from chronic pain once and for all!!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi MattC,
    Welcome to the SEP!

This is a good thing to understand about your approach so far. The SEP is deep and thorough. Good luck and post questions and progress and journal responses!

Andy B.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Matt. You will heal by believing 100 percent in TMS causing your pain.
    I had severe back pain and the SEP program and journaling led me to realize I was repressing feelings of abandonment and insecurity going back to my parents divorcing when I was seven years old. I highly recommend journaling to learn the emotional causes of your pain.

Watch videos on TMS on this web site and on Yotube. Read the success stories on this web site. You have come to the right place to start your
    journey to healing.