1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Thank you

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kyleisnowhere1, Jul 13, 2015.

1. kyleisnowhere1

kyleisnowhere1 Newcomer

Hi all...Ive been struggling with tms for about 6 six years now, and its gotten really bad in the last three. I found healing back pain in a second hand store and it was like divine intervention!that was about 2 years ago..just reading the book left me at about 75% pain free, but after about six months the pain returned and got worse. I started to doubt the diagnosis because of the relapse, but I am 110% sure now its tms...
    I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for their contributions and success stories
    Its helped me so much to red through it all....
    THANK YOU

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

It can take time - we so easily doubt ourselves. But I find looking at others and their TMS shows more clearly. With friends and family it is sometimes so clear to see the link between emotional repression/psychological stress and the symptoms they feel. Often they do not want to accept it tho'! My mother has read some of Sarno's book and agrees wholeheartedly with my diagnosis, and is open to my having TMS and many people around us. BUT when it comes to her - it s just bad luck - bad luck that she has suffered insomnia since being bombed in the war etc! Then when we see it in others it somehow clarifies our own situation too - I have had several 'realisations' about my own TMS after pondering about other people! My husband has been supportive of my TMS journey too - and recently said that many symptoms he has had - he has quietly 'sorted' them out by identifying and deleting them as TMS. So he has had no back pain, no knee or foot pain and even banished headaches.
    Just imagine what a saving on health spending we could make across the world if we all knew and accepted the TMS diagnosis of so many ills....

kyleisnowhere1 likes this.