1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tension Headache s

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by blu895, Nov 24, 2013.

1. blu895

blu895 New Member

New to the forum.........just wanted to know if anyone has used Tms program to treat tension headaches I am having? I have used the program with Dr John Stracks for sciatica and lower back issues and believing Tms caused that was a huge help. But for some reason I can't get my thoughts off the pain of the PHYSICAL constant headaches and onto the PSYCHOLOGICAL causes.Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I've had very good success in using TMS techniques for migraine headaches. I've had them since 5 years old and at one point in my life had them almost daily. I've only had 2 in over 6 months since learning about TMS and applying the knowledge. It worked for me, and I'm sure will be helpful for you-- if they are truly due to TMS.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

3. blu895

blu895 New Member

Thank you Ellen...............for some reason I am not there yet in believing that these tension headaches are TMS and not some bone spurs in my neck.........I am doing the work............I guess I am "Faking it til I make it"

4. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Hi blu895,

Chronic tension headaches were my main TMS symptom and using the TMS approach--they are now rare for me, less intense, less scary and don't still around that long.

I hope you feel better soon!

:) Veronica

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

If you withhold even 1 percent that the headaches are from something other than TMS,
    Steve Ozanich says you won't get rid of them, or any TMS pain.

It's not easy, but try to forget neck spurs and just think repressed emotions cause the headaches.

Take two beers and email me in the morning.

6. williamf85

williamf85 Newcomer

I also have tension headaches from TMS. What's the best technique for working on that?