1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Telling others

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Jul 31, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

I told my husband and mum in law I had TMS, as well as my high school friend. They were generally supportive, though the high school friend thought it was more physical. The osteopath thought I was nearly mended and thought one more appointment should do it...i did not tell her I was working on This course.

I had a good nights sleep, though at 3am I woke up and started crying for a bit...i have been noticing throughout this process that there have been weepy episodes. I suspect this was past grief I stuffed down.

Sitting comfortably....bit of mild tingling in muscle that spasmed and set all this off, but that is it. So I continue working and processing all these emotions and deal with things in a more measured manner.

2. Stef

Stef Peer Supporter

I finished reading Healing Back Pain about a week and a half ago & am about a quarter of the way thru The Divided Mind. I too have been emotional. I was so elated at a first...found my answer & felt better maybe 25% of the way thru the book but now it comes & goes & I realized I have so much work to do...only mentally this time. Before it was too many dumb exercises, appointments, foam rolling, stretches, & on & on that were consuming me & now I have ALL this other work to do. A new battle lies ahead. So I think we will have ups & downs but we will become better people. I think walls are breaking down is the thing. I told my husband "I don't know who I am anymore." So I can empathize for sure. At least this time we are on the right path & not chasing whatever fix that won't cure us anyway.
    PS: I got an award for "first post" since I did day 1 of the Structured Educational Program & posted about it. Part of my problem is that I am kind of like the last girl on the first recovery program audio (the other is that I am my own drill sergeant like another caller)...I get confidence boost from my accomplishments. LOL!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, ladies.

abuglet, since you only have one more appointment with the osteopath, I'd go for it. How you turn out will probably depend on who you believe healed you -- and I hope you do heal. Was it from the osteopathic treatment or from TMS belief. I doubt that your high school friend is a good authority on Mindbody healing. I'd forget about that one. I'm glad your husband and mother-in-law were supportive. The main thing is, that you believe in TMS and 100 percent.

Stef, if you're healing, you will know you are a healthier, happier person. You are on the right path for healing. We sure do get confidence boosts from our successes. If we couldn't stand up yesterday but can today, and can walk ten feet when we couldn't walk at all, those are major accomplishments. Don't expect a magic wand to heal you, like pills can but only temporarily. There is a magic wand and it is called TMS, but takes a little while to work its magic.