1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Taking the first step

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Jan 27, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I had a wonderful talk with a dear friend last week. She too has TMS and it's been great to have someone to walk through this with.

She was telling me about something she had read about in regards to the Law of Attraction. She heard it framed as something like this: The Universe/God is waiting to help you. But they're like a "deaf waiter"….they're waiting to help you but the need to see you take a step in the direction of what you're wanting.

It was very timely because we've had to take some "first steps" with implementing some life changes.

But on a smaller scale, I've been wanting to get some therapy as I think it would be very beneficial at this stage. But our finances have been pretty lean and it just isn't in the budget.

So, I put out to God/the universe. It was actually at the end of one of my meditation sessions….I had an idea that could fetch me the $$ for therapy sessions. I told hubby, "If this happens, it will pay for some sessions." (My husband was entirely supportive of the idea; yay! for supportive spouses.) And if it didn't, I told myself it's just not meant to be right now.

Well guess what happened the next day? My idea came to fruition and I now have the $$. And the phone number for the therapist the Alan Gordon recommended.

I am so grateful. And I want to encourage you…if there is something you want, take a step toward it!

2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Your experience reminds me of the book E-squared by Pam Grout where she puts the Law of Attraction to the test and encourages her readers to do the same by following a series of "experiments" to prove its existence. It appears you have successfully completed your very own experiment. Well done!

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, yb! And my next experiment is underway even now. :) Pretty exciting.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so inspirational -- I love it, Thank You so much North Star.:)
    Yes I totally agree, the truth works. Its all in how ya work it.
    Thank You too yb44