1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

T12/L1 herniated and painful!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lindahope, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Hello. I had cervical spine fusion on 3 discs 11 months ago. As I was recovering pain in middle yo lower back and sides kept me from progressing. Had2 epidurals that wore off. I'm loosing all hope I'll ever be normal again. The more I try to do the more it hurts! Can't take pain meds. cause upsets my stomach and other things. Tried lyrica and wasn't sure it was helping. Cramping in sides was worse. Weaning off lyrica now. I read 2 of JS books and even tried to call him. I fit the qualifications. Thank you everybody for this forum and sharing. I also have an anxiety disorder cause of it so please be gentle. Thanks.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lindahope,

I'm sorry to hear about your pain and all that you are going through. You will find that many people on this Forum have had similar experiences, as well as anxiety, and many have recovered completely or are significantly on their way. You are in the right place. It is possible for you to heal.

You mentioned reading Sarno's books. What else are you trying? Have you started a structured educational program? There is one for free on the tmswiki (the SEP). It is quite good and you can get support from the Forum while you are working on it. I think it helps to take things one day at a time or it can feel overwhelming. But also keep reading. There are many good books on TMS out there, and reading is an important part of healing.

Glad that you have joined us. Please keep us informed on how you are doing and feel free to ask questions or ask for support at any time. We are all here to support you.

Best wishes...

3. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Thank you Ellen for your support. No. I have not started an education program. Is the tms wiki on a website? I have been doing guided meditations daily. I tried tai chi class but couldn't stand for the duration of class. Also tried a pool. When lower back started hurting I stRted reading John Sarnos books. It helped but when I read part about surgeries don't help I stopped cause I already had the neck surgery and just thinking I got it for nothing started my anxiety up again. Since then I had 2 epidural shots in T12 area. I think they made my stomach muscles weaker I don't know. I also have been putting faith in a higher power that I am going to get better and I wound up here.
    Linda

4. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

One more thing. My son is an ER doctor and I've been telling him about John Sarnos books. He's very spiritual and open to the idea. He suggested I try for a month. He said nothing is going to get worse if I don't do anything medically now.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lindahope. It's great that your doctor encouraged you to try TMS knowledge to heal your pain.
    As Ellen says, you've come to the right place.
    Do start the Structured Education Program which is free in one of the subforums.
    It will take you day by day into techniques that have healed many of us from pain.
    I found journaling about my repressed anger from childhood very helpful in getting over
    severe back pain. Most of our symptoms come from repressed anger dating back to our childhood.

I also found that asking the Lord to heal me was very helpful. It drove away fear and anxiety,
    placing myself in His hands. He says "Ask and you shall receive," and he does answer our prayers.
    We just have to ask.

I have written a book with another TMS community member, Eric Watson, whose TMS name is Herbie.
    It's called GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN, and has many techniques for TMS healing
    including the spiritual. It's available at amazon.com books.

6. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Thank you Walt for your support. I'm going to take your suggestion. I started to write this morning. Mostly I'm furious I got this surgery although everyone said I needed it. I'll check into your book too. Thanks
    Linda

7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Linda,

The Forum is part of the tms wiki. If you scroll to the top of the page, you will see "The TMS Wiki" in dark blue at the far left. Click on that and it will take you to the home page. On the left is a sidebar. Scroll down a little and you will see "Structured Education Program". Click there and you can begin it right away.

Wishing you the best....