1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Symptoms On the move again - Is it Still TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by TomPNY, Mar 10, 2015.

1. TomPNY

TomPNY Peer Supporter

Hey folks.
    I've been working through issues on and off for over 2 years now, fixed lower back pain through TMS, but have since had shifting and moving symptoms, the most recent that are very new to me, and I'm wondering who else has experienced this, as it seems like every time my symptoms change, I lose confidence in my TMS diagnosis.

I've always had bad sinus issues, but this past two years have been the worst. then all of a sudden in December (3 months ago) they stopped. And I got the most excruciating headache. I've now had this headache for 3 months. Saw doctors for it, right down to a CT scan from an ENT Doc. Nothing apparent (no brain tumor!) just swollen sinuses.

I've also got a ton of tension in my neck and shoulders. Like - to the point of a massage therapist saying she's never seen this before.

Hands are twitching and calves are twitching too. Which when I let my brain go leads me to think I have everything from restless leg syndrome to Parkinsons Disease.

Are these regular sorts of TMS symptoms? Or is there something i'm missing here. Most of what I've seen from folks are more centralized pain like lower back or RSI.

The headaches are so intense that I can't concentrate, can't meditate, and can't seem to relax enough to work through anything restorative.

Its gotten really tough lately. Just when I think the last symptom was bad... the next one comes and its worse.

Thanks for any responses.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi TomPNY,
    Sorry to hear you having such intense headaches every day. I went through a period in my life when I had migraines almost every day, and I know it is a miserable way to live. Are you taking any medication for the pain? With pain so intense, it would seem taking something for it would be called for. Then when the pain is better under control, you can do the things (like meditate and relax) that you need to do to address the underlying issues. Then, gradually wean yourself off the medication.

Being kind to yourself should be a priority right now.

Take care. Wishing you the best.

3. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

Funny, I've had bad sinuses for years too but this past year they seem to be abt 40-50% better, but now i've got all these other strange symptoms. Makes me wonder if my sinus problems aren't/weren't a manifestation of TMS.

Tom, if it was TMS before then it probably is now, esp the shifting symptoms.