1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Symptoms after covid

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NameK, Dec 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. NameK

NameK Well known member

Thankfully I had a relatively mild infection.

However close to the end of the week 2 day 12 of symptoms onset I noticed i started to get fatigued just from walking my dog.

I returned to work on day 15 December 3rd and I definitely had some brain fog and I was exhausted after work like I had to take a nap as soon as I got home. Fhe brain fog seems to be gone from what i can tell.

Over symptoms ive noticed are headaches
    Muscle/joint aches
    Chest pain, tightness
    Feel short of breath at times.
    Some gi issues like stomach pain.
    Still have a lingering cough and plehm build up.

My doctor told me this can happen after a viral infection and can take time to recover from. She said I have chest wall inflammation hence the on and off chest pain.

Is long covid just another name for viral fatigue? Or is it something different that we don't quite know about yet. I wish I never saw it mentioned before I got it. And supposedly its pretty rare in that only 10% of people get it.

I'm at 3 weeks since I started to have symptoms and i can't tell if I recovered and now my body is trying to re adjust or im still fighting off this thing.

As a result my anxiety has been through the roof with the uncertainty of this all and as a result I haven't been sleeping very well.

Any input of insight would be appreciated. Heck if anyone has any experience with this as well would be great thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Ellen likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi NameK,

Not medical advice, but if I had Covid-19, I would take ivermectin. Seems it works at all stages, from prophylaxis, acute, severe, and, importantly for you, for "long haulers." Not that you're one. Not all data is in, and I think studies are ongoing. Perhaps with your physician's help, it would eliminate some anxiety, knowing that you were "killing it off" in theory. Then if you have long term symptoms, it would be easier to treat as TMS.
    https://c19ivermectin.com/ (COVID-19 treatment analysis for Ivermectin)
    https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...cine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Andy

3. NameK

NameK Well known member

Unfortunately where i live it isn't exactly cheap or easy to get it seems and its currently alittle difficult to contact my doctor i spoke to her yesterday and she thinks what im experiencing is post viral syndrome which can happen after the flu or mono.

I do have chest wall pain according to my doctor and she said she doesn't think I have pnuemonia based on my symptoms.

Its alittle scary though due to the uncertainty of all of this. Today i woke up feeling like I was hit by a train (really bad fatigue, headache, body aches and pains.

Makes me wonder if I still have a active or persistent infection as I haven't really recovered fully before the fatigue and what not hit so to speak. My taste and smell are starting to come back though.

4. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

@NameK, how are you feeling now?

5. NameK

NameK Well known member

@Dorado as far as I can tell i think I'm back to " normal"

I was getting some fatigue and it took me about a month to feel back to myself.

I haven't noticed any long term effects as far as I can tell.

It was a odd experience for sure and I think the anxiety while having it or the what if I get long term health effects was worse and probably prolonged my recovery.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    TG957, Lizzy and Dorado like this.
  6. Dorado

@NameK, that bares some similarities to your Cipro experience. I agree that it sounds like stress likely played a role in how you felt during the recovery period. I’m glad you’re better!

7. NameK

NameK Well known member

@Dorado thanks for responding and today my girlfriend and I both woke up with sore throats.

I'm supposed to work tomorrow but now I don't know if I should.

We got over covid in mid November so its very unlikely we have it again in that short amount of time.

Especially considering immunity lasts anywhere from 3-6 months or longer we don't really know for sure but still I think its the weather or a cold if anything.

8. Dorado

If you have a job that isn’t able to be performed remotely, I would definitely play it safe, stay home, and not work. This should’ve been the case long before COVID-19 and it’s a shame that so many workers have been pressured to work through viruses like the flu as well as other legitimate (non-TMS) sicknesses over time. Hopefully COVID helps more employers recognize this, but it’s not limited to COVID - it applies to any legitimate sickness that makes us feel ill and/or anything contagious to others.

Other than that, my advice is to not worry too much. Worry only triggers and then perpetuates the cycle. We will forever be prone to sickness for as long as we’re alive - you needn’t overwhelm yourself each time. We must learn to break the pattern.

Just monitor how you feel and take action such as speaking to a healthcare professional if needed, but avoid obsessing over it and thinking about the worst case scenarios. I get it - I truly believe all the horror stories I read about Cymbalta withdrawal traumatized me for a long time, making me feel fragile as a human and like anything had the potential to cause permanent or at least very long-term damage to me. For instance, I even became paranoid about an accidental extra dose of nasal steroids triggering blindness at one point; my vision psychosomatically became blurred for a few days. Whether we’re dealing with a real sickness or pure TMS, this is exactly why we have to break that pattern and create a new cycle. (Also, remember that the mind-body connection can influence real sicknesses, as you’re already well aware of given your own experiences with continued symptoms after healing as well as delayed healing.)

Balsa11 likes this.
  9. NameK

NameK Well known member

At the very least its not likely covid considering I just had two months ago.

Its likely the weather, a cold, or a flu, virus .

I'll see how I feel tomorrow when I wake up if I feel better I go if not ill stay home I dont think I need to get retested for covid given my circumstances but if I talk to a health authority they are probably gonna tell me to.

Problem is with covid you can test positive again months after even though you don't have symptoms. So I'm afriad its gonna show up and I woukd have to quarantine and all that over when its most likely not covid

Balsa11 likes this.
  10. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

11. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for this Balsa11. This is the first I've read, and now I've bookmarked...

Dorado and Balsa11 like this.
  12. NameK

NameK Well known member

Hello I just thought I would post a update,here instead of making a whole new thread.

So it seems my symptoms have come back if you will but some might be explained from my habits as well (stress, lack of proper sleep, constant worry and anxiety)

So in the last week or so for some reason I started to convince myself that I could potentially have diabetes.

Now I dont know why I thought this but it lead to me thinking I was thristy, for the past 3 days or so and I've been getting a few other symptoms most likely thanks to my health anxiety. ( fatigue, headaches, itchy skin, dry mouth)

However the past 2 days or so I've been experiencing fatigue most likely due to not sleeping well or stress

But then yesterday after work I experienced something that I haven't since I had covid back in Nov 2020 I had some brain fog. It only lasted a day or two when I had covid.

Woke up today felt fatigued and have some brain fog. Funny enough I've completely forgotten about my dry mouth and being thristy/ diabetes scare.

I will say that I've had SOB since after covid and some headaches but I don't know if I could consider myself a long covid hauler if you will.

But the relapse of fatigue that i had for two weeks after covid that went away feels,simlair to what I'm experiencing now. Also the brain fog I have been experiencing feels like simlair to,when I had covid

But it took me a month to feel normal from that but even then 3 or 4 months after pepsi taste like chemicals and somethings don't taste the same and I only lost my taste and smell for 2 weeks if that.

Thanks I hope everyone is having a great day!

Balsa11 likes this.
  13. [MODERATOR EDIT: EXAMPLE OF SPAM! THIS WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED WITHOUT THE LINK - LATER EDITED TO ADD THE SENTENCES ABOUT KNEE BRACES WITH THE LINK. THIS COULD BE PHISHING, BUT IS MORE LIKELY A TYPE OF FORUM SPAM INTENDED TO BOOST THE SEARCH ENGINE RATING OF THE SITE. IF YOU SEE POSTS LIKE THIS, HIT THE "REPORT" LINK!]

I know exactly what you've been through. I hope you're feeling better now!
    Two months ago, my girlfriend and I also got sick on Covid. My illness was almost asymptomatic, unlike my girlfriend. Her symptoms were similar to yours, except for the loss of vision. Stress, loss of strength, fluctuations in body temperature, shortness of breath, panic attacks, insomnia are the things that still make themselves felt after the Covid. Last week, she began to feel feverish, and the next day she was already feeling good. We were terrified that the disease had returned, and I decided not to waste time. My good friend, who was also ill, recommended a resource where he found rapid tests https://www.confirms.bioscience.com/covid19.sars-antigen-rapid-swab-test/ , maybe it will be useful to someone. Fortunately, the test results showed that we are healthy. This helped us a lot, as we got rid of the panic and unnecessary stress.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2022
  14. NameK

NameK Well known member

Loss of vision? I did not experience this and if your girlfriend did hopefully she's okay and I hope both of you are now.

15. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member