Swelling can it be TMS?

Jake

Peer Supporter
Hi all!
Just wanted to know if TMS is capable of causing swelling. I have been having pain on top of my foot where the tongue of the shoe is. I thought I tied my shoes too tight. But I also noticed that when I bend my foot one way, it's more painful and swollen compared to the other foot. I can associate this with TMS, but not sure anymore because of the swelling. Appreciate your responses!
Jake
 
The brain can cause swelling and any change in physiology under the sun. If there was a recent or acute injury, it will heal naturally over time. If everything has been ruled out pathology or structural wise, and the swelling is chronic (lasting more than a few months without subsiding) then it's time to rule in the brain as the cause.
 
The brain can cause swelling and any change in physiology under the sun. If there was a recent or acute injury, it will heal naturally over time. If everything has been ruled out pathology or structural wise, and the swelling is chronic (lasting more than a few months without subsiding) then it's time to rule in the brain as the cause.
I've had trigger thumb surgery, 4.5 months ago. In hindsight the clicking was probably from tms anyways but I can't change the fact that I've gotten it. I'm still dealing with consistent daily swelling. Online says the swelling can last for 6 months but also says many people can return to daily task in 6 weeks. So i don't understand why i can't do normal things like hold a computer mouse for some hours while i finish work without it swelling up like a ballon. The clicking has decreased since I got the surgery. What do you think?
 
I've had trigger thumb surgery, 4.5 months ago. In hindsight the clicking was probably from tms anyways but I can't change the fact that I've gotten it. I'm still dealing with consistent daily swelling. Online says the swelling can last for 6 months but also says many people can return to daily task in 6 weeks. So i don't understand why i can't do normal things like hold a computer mouse for some hours while i finish work without it swelling up like a ballon. The clicking has decreased since I got the surgery. What do you think?
I think this surgery can have quite a bit of healing time. A friend cut his tendon (by accident) and had to have an operation. Although he works on computers and continued to work, he had to figure out how to balance some rest during the day with computer work. It took him about a year to be able to play his guitars again. Don't compare your healing to "google" wellness times. You have had much success with the clicking reduced. Just keep having patience and kindness that you might simply take a little longer to heal - as @miffybunny says, it will heal naturally over time. Your goal is to try and be more understanding and less frustrated with the healing, and not to compare yourself to others healing time, or to obsess and worry about it. This is exactly what @miffybunny is saying when she says to "rule in" the brain as the cause. The more you think of this as a "problem" the more of a "problem" your brain will make it.
I would refer you to @miffybunny beautiful blog post about this topic on her website: https://defeatcrps.com/2026/01/21/the-empaths-dilemma/ (The Empath’s Dilemma - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome : Your Path To Healing) pay special attention to the last two paragraphs...
 
Last edited:
I think this surgery can have quite a bit of healing time. A friend cut his tendon (by accident) and had to have an operation. Although he works on computers and continued to work, he had to figure out how to balance some rest during the day with computer work. It took him about a year to be able to play his guitars again. Don't compare your healing to "google" wellness times. You have had much success with the clicking reduced. Just keep having patience and kindness that you might simply take a little longer to heal - as @miffybunny says, it will heal naturally over time. Your goal is to try and be more understanding and less frustrated with the healing, and not to compare yourself to others healing time, or to obsess and worry about it. This is exactly what @miffybunny is saying when she says to "rule in" the brain as the cause. The more you think of this as a "problem" the more of a "problem" your brain will make it.
I would refer you to @miffybunny beautiful blog post about this topic on her website: https://defeatcrps.com/2026/01/21/the-empaths-dilemma/ (The Empath’s Dilemma - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome : Your Path To Healing) pay special attention to the last two paragraphs...
This was so helpful! Thank you for the reminders and the anecdote of your friend. Yes slowing down and patience.... Much love <3. i saved this in my phone to read to remind myself
 
Back
Top