1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Support & Accountability

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by TeeJay, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

I am starting Dr. David Schecter's Mind Body Workbook on January 1. I started a 30-day push challenge program (unrelated to TMS) because I have been having a hard-time getting started on my mindbody work and have felt very stuck in my ability to make other positive changes in my life, as well. About a year and half ago I worked through about 3 weeks of the tmswiki program, became pain-free, but did not continue the program or do my mindbody work. I was pain-free for about 3 months and then gradually the pain started coming back. It has never been as bad as it was originally, so I have just been living with it for over a year. I have not been able to get back to doing the necessary work to be pain-free. During this 30-day push challenge, we wrote 10 goals for the year and through the process had to come up with one main goal (the push goal), that will make at least 3 or 4 of the other goals possible. My push goal is to be pain-free. That is what I needed to re-start my mindbody work. I also discovered why I could not get myself back to doing the mindbody work to be pain-free. I discovered two things. #1 That if I become pain-free I will be incredibly powerful. I have a lot of gifts and am very blessed. I discovered "the sky is the limit" for me. This is scary when you're me. #2 I also discovered that if I am pain-free I will probably want/need to make some changes in my life that I don't know if I am scared to make. So now, I am willing to feel the fear and do it anyway. I am on day #11 of the 30-day push challenge, and today I had to come up with ways to ensure the success of doing my daily mindbody work. So, I knew I needed accountability. That is why I am here. Each day after I do my mindbody workbook and read a chapter from one of the many good books on mbs (as Schecter suggests), I am going to come to this support group forum and post that I did my work, and write a little about anything I learned.

So I thank you all in advance, especially tmswiki for giving me a forum to use for accountability and a place where every one understands the nature of what I am working on. Oh, and by the way, my diagnosis, which I was give about 14 years ago is fibromyalgia. I know it is just a severe for of mind body symptoms, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, TeeJay. Welcome back to the TMSWiki. You say you healed from symptoms before by believing in the MindBody connection, but got sidetracked by the other program. That's okay. I'm sure you learned a lot from reading Dr. Schecter and doing the push challenge program. I suggest you now do the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It will help you to discover the emotions causing your pain. It's good that you recognize that Fibromyalgia is a symptom of TMS.

You are going to become free of pain, if you follow the SEProgram and believe 100 percent in TMS. Keep posting about your progress.