1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

success stories

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MattC, Jun 20, 2015.

1. MattC

MattC New Member

I just read Enrique's success story as part of my Day 16 work in the Structured Educational Program. Reading these success stories gives me alot of hope.
    I appreciated Enrique's approach. He writes: "I was willing to do whatever it takes to get better. I was 'open-minded.'"
    I, too, am motivated by desperation, and am trying to keep my "rational," skeptical thinking on mute, and just keep an open mind. I know there are lots of things I dont understand -- about my body and about the world in general. And I am willing to take suggestions from people who have been through this and come out the other side.

For the past few months, I have been afraid to work out strenuously at the gym, because of fear about my back. I havent been running as I like to do, or lifting weights. The gym is a place where I go to feel good, get healthy, and take care of myself. It has been really frustrating that my back pain has taken this away from me.
    Well, in the last few weeks, I have been following Dr. Sarno's advice to resume normal activity without fear! I have been increasing weights -- with no adverse effects -- and think I am ready to try jogging on the treadmill. I am headed to the gym this afternoon to meet a friend -- and I'm going to match him pound for pound -- as I always used to do. I refuse to let TMS control what I do with my time and how I enjoy myself! The pain is still there -- for now -- but I'm going to start living my life the way I want to again!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,MattC. Your post is wonderful. That's the spirit. Not fearing and getting back to exercise is the way forward.
    Your "normal activity" is beyond what Dr. Sarno suggests, but it's working for you, so keep going.
    You're following Steve Ozanich's healing... he played golf through his pain and that together with TMS belief healed him.

3. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Keep it up Matt! We're in this together brother.