1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Struggling with TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by FredAmir, Oct 16, 2015.

1. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi,

If you are struggling with TMS and looking for effective strategies that can help you eliminate flare ups and spasms, join me in the Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain workshop on October 24 at 9am. This event is free via conference call and there will be a follow up workshop one week later to evaluate your progress and answer your questions.

There was initially 20 spaces available. Just one week away we have 19 registrants, so 10 more spaces were added to accommodate anyone else who is interested to attend.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/rapid-recovery-from-back-and-neck-pain-tickets-18815899863

"For more than 35 years I suffered from recurring back pain—most of the time the pain was tolerable. However, when I got back spasms, the attacks were so bad sometimes that I had to stay in bed for a few days. During all these years I tried chiropractic, acupuncture, and medical treatments.

Few months ago I had a severe case of back spasm. I had an MRI done that showed spinal stenosis and some deterioration due to arthritis. My doctor discussed the possibility of surgery if the pain persisted. I was weary of surgery and am thankful to this day that I was. After the 4 days on my back I surfed the internet for the latest back remedies and ran across the work of Dr. John Sarno as well as Fred Amir and read Rapid Recovery from Back Pain. Dr. Sarno helped me make the mind-body connection and Fred Amir’s techniques helped me take control.

I am currently able to do all of those activities that the doctors told me to avoid and without any pain. I am no longer tight after running or hitting a 100 golf balls on the range. I now understand that my body is fine and that knowledge alone removed so much fear from my life that I cannot tell you how liberating it was/is. I am 51-years-old and I want my 13-year-old body back -- the one that did not feel pain nor associate it with any activities; the one that lived with no fear. It may sound bizarre, but I am close."

Kevin Starnes, Lake Forest, California

IrishSceptic and IndiMarshall like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

If anyone is planning to take part in Fred Amir's Rapid Recovery workshop Oct. 24, I hope they will tell us about their experience in it.
    And Fred, how is membership in it going?

3. FredAmir

As of this morning 24 people have registered and we have 6 more spots open.

I just worked with a software engineer who had been on high doses of Motrin and scheduled for 6 weeks of physical therapy for sciatica. He was miserable. I thought him the steps and next day he went jugging! It's been two weeks and he just drove 400 miles to LA for vacation.

I hope all of those in this workshop will also see similar results. If nothing else, have new distinctions and tools to deal with TMS.

4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

This is date I have received , looking forward to it and hunkering down to some prep for it.
    Sun Oct 25, 2015 17:00 – 19:00

5. FredAmir

Good thing you posted this IrishSceptic. The workshop is actually on Saturday, October 24. You are correct about the time because 9am in California is 5pm your time. Please see above link for details. Look forward to hearing from you during the workshop.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  6. tpatel2226

tpatel2226 New Member

Will there be a recording of it? I'll be at work at that time but would love to join later. I've read your book but need more help. Thanks

7. FredAmir

Sorry you can't make it in person. No recording will be available. However, I plan to do more of these workshops in the near future and perhaps do them at a different day and time. What are the best days and times for you?

8. tpatel2226

tpatel2226 New Member

The best times for me are the weekdays any time after 8pm est. Thank you for trying to accomadate me for the future.

9. FredAmir

This time I was aiming for an international audience so planned it in the morning on a Saturday so that those in several time zones can attend.

Next time I will do one at 5:30pm PST so that in the West coast for most people it is after work and the rest of US it is in the evening.

If you go to www.rapidrecovery.net and opt-in your name and email address we will add you to our mailing list for updates and future events.

10. levfin003

levfin003 Peer Supporter

Hi Fred - I signed up and am keen to attend but something urgent has come up. How do I cancel? Will you be holding similar conferences in the future?

11. FredAmir

No need to cancel. It will be a no show. I may do another one before the end of the year on the weekday afternoon.

Take care,

12. IrishSceptic

Hi Fred, are you deliberately not recording or just because you can't? I have screenshot software and could record if need be. Understand entirely if you want to avoid that. cheers

13. FredAmir

Thanks for offering to help. I am recording it for my records. Sometimes the sound quality is an issue and the content may need to be edited if I decide to make it available. I'll see how it turns out.

"See" you tomorrow!

IrishSceptic likes this.
  14. IrishSceptic

had to pull out with an hour to go. One of the diesel generators at my dads farm caught fire and we had to get it up and running ASAP. left at 4pm and just getting back in the door around 8.30!

Second time an alternator has gone inside two weeks on two separate machines! waiting for the third thing now :D

15. FredAmir