1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Struggling today- Video

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sanghagirl82, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Sanghagirl82

Sanghagirl82 Peer Supporter

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I watched your video and learned more about you and why TMS has come into your life.
    You said you don't want to see a therapist and want instead to work on TMS causing your pain.
    Doctors have not figured out why you're in pain, so you can safely look deeper into TMS.

It sounds like you have repressed emotions regarding both your parents that cause you to
    feel angry, upset, and ashamed.

Your mother gave you comforting at times when you were sick, but then spent more of her
    time at the country club. Not all mothers are like my next-door neighbor who seems to live
    totally for her young son and daughter. Her husband doesn't help her much with the kids,
    he's such a busy businessman.

So your mother doesn't fit into an image of the all-caring mother. She may also not want
    to admit that your father is the one who molested you. Your unconscious seems to believe
    it was he. Your mother may be shielding him for fear it would make matters worse.

I think you need to forgive whoever molested you and go on from there. Not easy, I'm sure.

You are getting strength from your Buddhist faith. That's great. I'm Catholic but believe
    there is One God and He loves us all.

If I were you, I'd keep working on my repressed emotions. You don't like to write so
    videos can be your way of journaling. I see you post them on YouTube.

I'm interested in how to do that. How do you make your video and then how do you ge
    them on YouTube?

Dr. Sarno and Steve Ozanich say it's good to not even think about pain, and to put your
    mind on other things. Maybe telling me how you make your video and get it on YouTube
    would help you to do that. If not, no problem.

Keep thinking TMS. It's your best and probably only way out of pain.

3. Sanghagirl82

Sanghagirl82 Peer Supporter

Thank you for your reply. My frustration is that I have been to therapists to work on these issues and it didn't really help. So I question whether anything really will help. That is why I am skeptical

As for Youtube is isn't hard. I got help from Forest. I think he even posted a video on how to do it. You just go to Youtube.com and make a channel. You have to pick a name for your channel. This was easy to do because I have a gmail account and it is linked to Youtube by Google. I would contact Forest and get a copy of his video. It is not hard to do. Making the video is easy after that. You just go to your channel and click on video. On the right hand of the page click on make video. Then you will see yourself. Just click on the button start video, make your recording and click on stop video. then click on upload which is on the right hand side and you are all set. You can download to the forum by the copy and paste process. Hope this helps.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Sanghagirl82 understand dear that mindfulness is about being free in the moment yes but it is also healing in the moment too. You cant waver whether you want to do this or not - or if you believe this or not and think you'll ever get anywhere. The more you fight it the more you will remain in pain. So you've had pain since 1990 -- that's no reason to keep on having the pain. You have grown used to it and you don't think it can be changed even though everyone here that starts to get better has reported it and the Truth is there shining like a bright star in the SKY.

Just cause you might not believe it hon doesn't mean its not true -- the evidence is contrary to your beliefs and you feel it Deep down in your heart that this is true. You know you do. You don't like to journal -- well do it anyway. Its like what you don't want to do is keeping you in pain. You don't know if you can see a therapist, you don't know if this is true and if it is it conflicts with a belief you have in your mindfulness practice and that very practice called mindfulness is a potent tool that you can use to heal ya know but you have to learn the rules first. You cant focus on the symptoms all the time and expect to loose them, you cant fear them and expect to loose them. You are not thinking psychological at all -- you are only thinking physical and that is another stick in the fire that's keeping you in pain. I can tell your really nervous and you need to calm your ANS system down at least twice a day ok. You have to do this for you, for you.

You have to understand your telling all of us everything you need to do by saying what you don't want to do. If you'd do all the things you don't want to do or that you fear then you will heal. That's it for now, You have to try and make it work anyway you can, you're a very precious person and your hard on yourself for sure. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you love you. Go for a walk and just be in the now and practice gratitude every chance you get.

I'd supplement The Alan Gordon TMS recovery program with your studies if I were you cause then you can understand more of the tricks your mind is pulling on you. I know you want to heal and you know it too. Now its time to give yourself that break you been needing for a long time and just do this for yourself.
    Bless you