1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Struggling... But hopeful.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Ben117, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Ben117

Ben117 New Member

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on here for a while. I've been doing quite well (up until recently)

I've been suffering from Groin pain for coming up to over a year now.

I've had some real ups and downs over the past year, but recently, for about a month, I had little to no groin pain. At most there was some slight discomfort. I had got to a point where I stopped caring about the pain. I didn't let it get in the way of my life or the things I wanted to do. Over time it began to fade... and was almost gone. In fact, it's still almost gone. Just some slight discomfort.

However, for the past 2 weeks i've been suffering from terrible headaches. I've had them everyday and they usually last the entire day from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to sleep.

They are strange, usually a dull ache in both temples but they can move around. Other than the headaches I am perfectly fine - and the groin pain has remained at a minimum.

Could this be the notorious moving of TMS symptoms? I've had symptoms move before, but all around a similar area to the groin - i.e. hip, lower back, leg etc. This time the symptoms have primarily shifted from my groin to my head! (if indeed that is what has happened)

I can feel myself going down the same rabbit hole and obsessing about these headaches in the same way I obsessed about my groin pain... which obviously makes it worse. I'm terrified that through thinking myself into a hole i'm going to turn what was probably an everyday headache into a chronic problem!!!

Just looking for some reassurance

Hope you are all well

Ben

2. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

Must be my night today as I've just replied to another thread about GERD as this was a recent TMS symptom for me.

Reading this thread as it sounds incredibly similar to what I experienced. Basically I woke up one morning with a headache and this also ended up morphing into a chronic condition...it stuck with me for over a year and really dragged me down. My headaches where located in the exact spot you mention (the temples) and it felt like a dull ache or pressure but I could also get them over my eyes or also the back of my head. During this period these headaches where very often accompanied with dizziness, derealisation and just feeling spaced out.

For whatever reason this symptom left as abruptly as it arrived about a year ago and I didn't have a headache for months and months on end as opposed to pretty much waking daily with them. I have noticed that recently the dizziness and occasional temple pressure thing has crept back in but this is by no means chronic at the moment....this is around the time I have been experiencing some anxiety and external pressures etc.

In short, I believe these sort of headaches are basically due to muscular tension in the head that can easily become chronic...of course as is always the way the more we worry about them and come to expect them when we wake and subconsciously brace against them then the worse it becomes...they become a self fulfilling prophecy.