1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Stress Illness

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Harzee, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Harzee

Harzee Peer Supporter

I am wondering if anyone have seen stress illness present itself as burning, itchy, crawly, prickly, stinging, biting, cold, hot, a cold wet feeling, a hot steam feeling, pinching, stabbing, electric zap or shock, nerve pain, tickling, numbness, pins and needles, wire brushed feeling, tingling, carpet burn feeling, or other skin sensations? @Alan Gordon LCSW @FredAmir

Gusto likes this.
  2. Alan Gordon LCSW

Alan Gordon LCSW TMS Therapist

Yes. The brain can generate any physical sensation in any part of the body. Not every sensation is caused by TMS, but every sensation can be caused by TMS.

Marinedad likes this.
  3. Harzee

Harzee Peer Supporter

Have you seen TMS present this way? Have you seen anyone overcome these symptoms? @Alan Gordon LCSW

4. Alan Gordon LCSW

Alan Gordon LCSW TMS Therapist

Yes, I’ve seen people who had those symptoms, and I’ve seen people overcome those symptoms as well. An important thing to keep in mind is that one symptom isn’t any more or less difficult to overcome than another symptom. They’re all just different manifestations of the same thing.

5. Harzee

Harzee Peer Supporter

Would you use the pain psychology center for help?

Is TMS repressed emotions or learned neural pathways or both.

Thank you.