1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Stomach pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ellie freegan, Jun 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

This is a bit of a weird one. I am a "dumpster diver" I eat a lot of food that shops have thrown out. I have a lot of stomach pain which I think is a TMS symptoms but some of my friends are always saying it's due to the bacteria in the rubbish. I've been getting food from bins for about 10 years and not had a stomach pain that long fact it's got a lot worse and more frequent recently. I also have back pain which I'm sure is Tms as well as depression, anxiety, headaches. Would be grateful for any thoughts on this thanks

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

This is an interesting one.

Back in the day as a teenager at college I used to work the last couple of hours of trading in a food hall. One of my tasks was to remove any food item that had reached its 'sell by' date and put it out back to be thrown away. I don't know what happened to it but I always considered it an appalling waste given it was fit for sale an hour before.

So I suppose as long as the food is still fresh there shouldn't really be a problem. I suspect this has a lot to do with judgemental attitudes. I can well imagine a lot of people finding it distasteful for one reason or another, but as I said above the reasons for this are actually pretty arbitrary.

This aside I would seek a check-up from a Doctor. If nothing else it may rule out any concerns and if there is a bacterial issue, you can put it right. I think we have to be on our guard for dismissing actual problems for tms (and vice versa).

Let us know how you get on.

Plum x

Ines likes this.