1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Still trying to see how this is going to work for me

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KayBaby, Mar 6, 2016.

1. KayBaby

KayBaby New Member

As I am on day 10 with treatment I find myself still not fully convinced that this is going to work to cure me. I do like writing in my journal but I don't see how it's going to help cure me. I will not give up since it's still early in my treatment but I still am skeptical.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KayBaby. Most of us are so convinced that our aches and pains and anxiety or other emotional stresses are caused by something structural.
    That's what most doctors have told us and given us medications from pharmaceutical companies that pay them to push the pills.

So it can take some doing to accept the MindBody philosophy that our emotions can cause physical pain, as Dr. Sarno writes in Healing Back Pain and the Structured Educational Program tells us. I learned about TMS three years ago when I was 82 and had severe back pain. I thought it was from lifting something heavy at the supermarket.. a case of 36 cans of beer! I did not really physically hurt my back and discovered by journaling in the SEProgram that I had been repressing emotions since I was seven when my parents divorced. Most of my pain then went away, but not entirely until I convinced myself that I believed 100 percent in TMS. That's what it takes to heal totally.

I urge you to be patient and continue working the SEProgram and journaling to discover the emotions causing your symptoms. The alternative will be more waste of time and money on physical tests and pills that do not get to the root of the problem. Have faith and be positive. You are going to heal.

You are skeptical because that is one of the things he subconscious sends us so we work harder to uncover our repressed emotions. It is not our enemy but our friend.

Stella and KayBaby like this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I couldn't take one step without pain for over three years. Now I ski and run, and dance on hardwood floors barefoot. Keep at it, and know that it works.

KayBaby likes this.
  4. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Hi KayBaby! Being skeptical is so normal. We are all conditioned to think the way we do, especially after being in pain and feeling hopeless for so long. My brain still has moments or days of doubt even though I know for a fact that nothing is structurally wrong with me.
    I know you will have your first Ah-ha moment soon. Keep journaling, don't hold your feelings back, and don't hesitate to add additional techniques into your healing. Please stay in touch!

KayBaby likes this.
  5. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

MellieV I am doing the same just keeping myself moving in to this program actually quiet enjoying it. I never had any traumatic events in my life but still I have repressed emotions which I hide and now is the time to let it out.

Stella likes this.