1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 Still here

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shells, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Shells

Shells Peer Supporter

Took a few days off but still plugging along. Last week was difficult due to several stressors... as well as hormones.

I can tell when I start to really believe and think psychological things seem better. If nothing else my outlook seems stronger. When I focus on pain it really does be much worse. I have known this for many years but did not really understand what was going on. I remember telling my PT I didn't want to " wake the monster" when she wanted to check a trigger point in my psoas during a time that it was less severe.

I'm not sure which article or book has been most helpful to me yet. Maybe it's a sentence here or there from several places including here or even the Facebook page.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

There's nothing wrong in taking a few days off from the SEProgram. And I find it good to accept pain, know it is from repressed emotions, and journal to discover what those are. I've found helpful healing techniques in Sarno and other TMS books. I also like many videos on Youtube that are on subjects related to TMS such as anxiety, depression, headaches.

Shells likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I am happy, Shells, for you in this insight. In my experience, insights like this which open up some "space" around the way we usually operate in ourselves, are very profound. The changes which they bring may not be immediate, but they go deep and do their work over time...
    Andy B

Shells likes this.