1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 StickingWithProgram - Response to Armchair story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wannarun, May 27, 2015.

1. wannarun

wannarun Peer Supporter

Armchair Linguist's Success Story: The following success story was written by Armchair Linguist and used with her permission. If you see yourself in this story, write a short forum post about your comparison. Also, if you find encouragement from it, let us know.
    =============================================================
    I read her story and I think as someone who gets chronic pain you develop these crazy rituals and routines due to conditioning. I definitely identified with some of the behaviors where she gradually increased her behavior. She mentioned Fred Amir's book so I got a copy off of Amazon. Walt I also realized that you had a book out. I'll make sure to get a copy of that as well.

I really like the idea of treating your subconscious like a toddler. Rewarding and punishing it. For me, one of the big things to overcome is the idea of sitting. For a period if I even saw a chair it would start feeling painful. I've been gradually trying to increase my tolerance to sitting. I've decide to save some of the best parts of the day for sitting. For example, eating ice cream, chocolate covered granola bars or my daily 12oz Diet Pepsi will be reserved only for sitting. I will only be allowed to enjoy these things if I do them while sitting or use as a reward system.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, wannarun. You idea to reward yourself to sit comfortably is I think a good idea.
    Whatever it takes. But you may put on weight.