1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Starting Up

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dpg, Jul 5, 2015.

1. dpg

dpg Newcomer

Hi there,

I wasn't sure if I would actually post a thread to the group. But after reading other success stories and seeing how part of this journey involves breaking down our own respective walls and emotional blocks, I decided I might as well. Nothing to lose.

I have listened to Dr. Sarno's "The Mindbody Perspective" and "The Divided Mind" on Audible twice now. And am now decided to follow the Structured Educational Program.

I am an actor/personal trainer and put a lot of pressure on myself and know completely that TMS is the cause of my issues. Was really easy to blame overworking at the gym for the symptoms but just didn't make sense why the pain would move so much.

I have doubts and worries that I will continue to get in my own way and not allow myself to fully release and have a life free of TMS. I enjoy the times when the pain isn't there and would like it to be there more often. Not just for a string of 4 days or even one week.

Here is to starting this journey, with the support of others, and trusting that the mind is just trying to protect me and distract me by using pain. But it's plan will not go unchecked.

dpg

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, dgp. Welcome to this web site and becoming a member of the TMS healing community.
    You did yourself a big favor by starting the SEP. It has helped thousands to heal, including me.
    You apparently are a perfectionist and put a lot of pressure on yourself. Read subforums to
    learn how others have dealt with those personality traits. I have them and discovered how much
    it helps to modify them, not to expect so much of myself. Good luck and keep posting about your progress.

3. dpg

dpg Newcomer

Thanks a lot Walt. Nice to know there is support out there. Will look into the subforums and how others have dealt with their personality traits as it relates to TMS. Very excited. Will keep posting!