1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

starting over again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by deborah, Aug 29, 2012.

1. deborah

deborah New Member

I'm so excited to have found this site. I've had sucess in the past using Dr Sarno's practices..I'm going to get my life back, after ending up in the hospital with excruciating hip and buttock ie;TMS. So what if I'm going to be 60yo
    I was told I had bad arthritis and had better get used to pain meds and limited activities. I need to start over
    Thank you so very much for this site.

2. Michael Reinvented

Michael Reinvented Peer Supporter

GO Deborah. I love your irrepressible attitude. Inspirational post!

3. Susan

Susan Peer Supporter

Deborah,

I am past 60 and have probably been a TMSer most of my life.

I feel such hope from this information and this site is awesome. You will benefit so much from the information here and available as our condition is embraced and appreciated.

We are invisible.

Susan

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Deborah, that's a terrible thing to be told at not-yet-quite 60! I turned 61 this year, and instead of PT and chiro, I've been going to a personal trainer, and recently lifted 35 pounds (and pressed 45, which was scary). I also go to aerobics and take brisk walks. I could do more, but I have to work sometime...

Here's my prescription, good for the next 40 years:

Exercise, exercise exercise.
    Eat healthy, real food
    Drink lots of plain water, enjoy good tea or coffee, eliminate all sodas and other manufactured drinks (fermented ones are fine ;) - in moderation of course)
    Practice yoga and meditation
    Read the many interesting and informative posts on this forum, and go through the Structured Educational Program on our wiki
    Expand your TMS resources to other authors and inspirational practices
    Exercise, exercise, exercise.

Did I mention exercise? :p

And Welcome! to the TMS wiki & forum. We're here to help and support each other. Keep posting and tell us how it's going.

Jan

Susan likes this.