1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Starting Day 1!!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Electric_Boutique, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Electric_Boutique

Electric_Boutique New Member

Hi guys! I've treated my chronic pain with yoga which has made it managable for the last 18 years but this last stint was a DOOSER! After my dad was in the hospital I started to have chronic pain again daily- which I haven't had in a while. And it wants to stick around! I feel the pain in my shoulders just writing about it.

Things quickly cause pain that shouldn't, things I love to do. Working on the computer, playing music, rehearsing music with my friends, playing live. I want to work! But my body wants to hurt.

I'm ready to take the next step so I don't have to suffer anymore. I'm enjoying your success stories but still wondering and hoping if it will work for me. I had accepted a TMS diagnosis about 5 years ago! Read the book, but then just put it away. I guess the desire to fully heal and practice and understand the techniques wasn't great enough. I'm hoping it is now. I'm going to do the 40 day structured program. Thanks guys!!!

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum! Let us know how you're doing.

Electric_Boutique likes this.
  3. Aaricia

Aaricia Peer Supporter

Good luck in starting the program!
    I’m on my 27 day today and it helped me so much.if you like successful stories, which are great source of hope and inspiration, check out podcast - the cure for chronic pain. Amazing interviews with people who recoverd form tms. I listen it when I’m driving, so easy, 30 minutes episodes.
    Good luck for you!
    Make sure to let us know how you’re doing, you are not alone!

srton likes this.
  4. Electric_Boutique

I love podcasts! Thank you.

5. Electric_Boutique

i listened yesterday so thank you very much. I subscribed as well. :)

Aaricia and srton like this.
  6. Aaricia

Aaricia Peer Supporter

Great! Hope it will work for you. I listen in 1.5 speed all the time when I can until truth sinks into my brain.
    They give some hope.
    I asked my husband to listen to one episode and he said that the the story and symptoms are exactly like mine!
    Take care and keep in thought! It’s an awesome community and support here!

7. srton

srton Well known member

me too!!!!!!!!
    it was so helpful. The episode "This is Why you Suffer" really spoke to me!
    funny @Aaricia i have found the parts that really are important to me (around minute 17) and have listened to it over and over.
    its amazing how many amazing and smart people are all battling this problem. TMS sucks but TMS people are kind of amazing!

8. Aaricia

Aaricia Peer Supporter

@srton, I'm glad you've found the podcast helpful. Next time I'll listen to that episode I'll focus on that part and think of you.
    I need to agree, they are only great people here, warmth, love and support is present in the forum. But what else can we expect from typical TMSres with type T personalities? We all wanna help, be good, and what is more important we understand what each of us is going through and that creates huge amount of compassion.
    Keep up the good work and hope one day we will meet at the other side where is no pain, jugement and hurt!
    Take care

Ellen likes this.