1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Special Event with TMS author Steve Ozanich: Tues March 25

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Since it was published 2 years ago, @Steve Ozanich's The Great Pain Deception has become one of the most popular TMS books, with some people even saying it is the best TMS book yet. Dr. Sarno himself wrote the following on the back cover of Steve's book: "I recommend this book because the author, Mr. Ozanich, has lived through the experience of having unsuccessful conventional treatments for pain attributed to structural abnormalities of the spine. Once he became aware of and accepted the diagnostic premises of the Tension Myoneural Syndrome his pain resolved. His experience highlights the significance and power of knowledge in overcoming psychologically induced symptoms."

For the last six and a half months, our Tuesday night discussion group has been discussing The Great Pain Deception chapter by chapter. On March 25th, one week after we cover the final chapter of his book, Steve will be joining us for a special two-hour event. For the first part of the call, Steve will share his TMS success story. After, we'll open up the phone lines for questions and discussion.

This is a terrific opportunity to talk to Steve directly and get advice on how to overcome your TMS. If you would like to get personalized feedback from Steve, feel free to post in this thread and we will try to work you into the call.

The call will start at 8PM ET, one hour earlier than usual. The recording will be distributed online as well as posted in this thread. Connection details are as follows (for detailed instructions, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/connect):
    • If you're connecting by phone, dial 1 201-479-4595 and when prompted enter the pin code 18311499 followed by the pound symbol
    • If you're connecting via your computer (Fuze Meeting), go to www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/app/48fb7aa8/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    G.R. likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm glad that the call-in with Steve will start an hour earlier, at 8 pm eastern. I will definitely join in.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope everyone joins in. This will be a chance to listen to the man himself. He suffered a lot while getting all this know how. He really knows every turn and twist it takes to get better on the path to recovery. I know that Steve will be ready cause he's always ready to give detailed explanations over the most complex or simple questions. I have never hear Steveo at a loss for words. This is going to be great.

G.R. likes this.
  4. Scottish Girl

Scottish Girl New Member

Steve Ozanich is my personal hero. To have gone through what he has gone through and not simply just be relieved at having overcome it - he then embarks on a 12 year epic knowledge fest so he can help others. That's what I call paying it forward!

The research that has gone into his book is mind blowing. 'King' Sarno provided the scientific explanation of TMS beautifully then Steve came along and provided us with this stunning publication of genius content which I feel is the next and final instalment to Dr Sarno's work. He even took the time to reply to my email in depth when I was at a 'stuck' point in my recovery.

Both of these men saved my life - after 30 years of chronic pain came to a debilitating head I genuinely viewed my bedbound future as worthless. A year and a half on after discovering Dr Sarno and Steve's work I am 95% cured and living a life I never thought possible - getting fit for the first time ever, lots of cardio training, yoga, and contemplating a fantastic opportunity to work abroad! This sure beats lying on the floor twisted up in chronic unexplained muscular spasms and doom!

Loving life - this guy has left his mark on the world and knowing him he'll not stop there.

You deserve the best of luck with everything Steve, I hope you end up running TMS retreats and seminars continuing to help people with your selfless efforts in reaching out. Hats off to you, and a massive thank you to yourself and Dr Sarno for providing me (and countless others) with the tools I needed to achieve the life I always dreamed of :)

I have no idea where I'm going but I'm so excited to finally be on my way!!

Much Love,
    Caroline Xxx

5. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

I downloaded Fuze, but it will eventually ask for a meeting number. Where do I get this?

6. Forest

Heya, Linda, I think it's great that you downloaded Fuze. Being able to see the webcam video and the in-Fuze chat really adds a lot (that's where @North Star and I discussed my Picon Punch cocktail during the last call).

When people download the program, they can choose between actually downloading it or running it in the browser. You definitely want to download it, as the webcams don't show up at all in the version that runs in the browser. I assume that you've done this correctly, based on your post, though (but it can't be stressed too much!).

The meeting number is 18311499 . If you click on the following link (from the first post) when the teleconference is about to start, Fuze will automatically be started and the meeting number will be entered for you. Since you've already downloaded Fuze, it basically does everything for you:
    http://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/app/48fb7aa8/18311499

North Star likes this.
  7. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest, Your Picon Punch sounded like more fun than my glass of meh. (A so-so white whine. ;) ) hahaha

Caroline, I loved what you wrote. So glad to hear of another success story. And yes, SteveO is one of my heroes too!

8. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Well, dang, Forest! I tried downloading Fuse and keep coming up with an error message, so I'm thinking I can only do the Browser one. :( I'm pretty computer literate - not sure what's going on!

9. Forest

Oops, I almost forgot to mention, I sent a personal message to LindaRK, and we were able to work things out with Fuze, no problem at all... Looking forward to seeing you next Tuesday!

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'm with you all, really looking forward to the call-in with Steve the Man.

G.R. likes this.
  11. North Star

Oh Walt!!! You're going to be on the call too?! Yippeee! My Happy Meter just pegged the red zone.

G.R. and Forest like this.
  12. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

I am so excited about tonight. It will be so much fun hearing everyone's voice.

North Star likes this.
  13. North Star

Yay, G.R.!

G.R. likes this.
  14. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Love you North Star!!!!!

North Star likes this.
  15. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Steve, you are one of the TMS heroes!!!!! Thank you for being there for us.

16. North Star

Love you back, G.R.!

And yes, Steve…what G.R. said. I am SO looking forward to hearing you tonight! I feel giddy with anticipation of the gathering of totally awesome people. dancea

Eric "Herbie" Watson, Forest and G.R. like this.
  17. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'm really looking forward to the Steve call-in tonight.
    I'll watch on Fuze but i don't have a camera so you won't see me.

18. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

I, too, feel giddy, North Star, and cannot wait for everyone to share. Walt, I am so excited to hear
    your voice. You, also are surely one of the TMS heroes and there are many, many more
    here on this forum. We have such a great community. I am very thankful for each and everyone
    of you.

19. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

OK, I've downloaded Fuze and am all ready to go. Really looking forward to it. Then Walt said something about cameras.........several of us just expressed our anxiety on another thread about having our photo taken. I can participate without having a video feed of myself, right? Right???

20. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

I like Steve to answer if possible what happens when the symptoms just keep changing. This has
    been going on for a long period of time.
    What are his suggestions?