1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Somatic Tracking-Eventually can you do it engaged in other activities (walking/driving/talking)?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by egrolman, Jun 20, 2018.

1. egrolman

egrolman New Member

Regarding Somatic Tracking or Experiencing: can you eventually expect to do this while engaging in other activities (driving, talking to someone, walking, etc)? At this point I can only do it if I'm concentrating SOLELY on the somatic tracking itself in a COMPLETELY quiet environment with my eyes closed, which isn't always when I NEED to do it. With experience, is this something you can do sort of on automatic pilot?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't know what Somatic Tracking is, but one of the most meditative practices to me is jogging. After first 15-20 minutes I get into the flow and then into a meditative state, but I feel very present in my body. Does it answer your question?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, because the time comes when you have deeply restored balance and peace to your mind, your heart and your body. This is our natural state. Somatic Tracking is the way we consciously reestablish this healthy equilibrium through integration of the new insights such as we are safe now so there is no need for our brain to be constantly vigilant. Over time this healthy practice becomes reautomated as the unconscious/autonomic nervous system accepts this as the new way of being.

Somatic Tracking comes from Alan Gordon's new program. It simply means to tend to our internal state so essentially it's a redux of Claire Weekes or meditation. (Shavasana is the best way I feel it.)

4. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

The answer is yes, because just like learning anything (eg, drive, walk, talk), it's difficult at the beginning and gets easier the more you practice, until it becomes second nature.