1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Slowly improving

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Nina, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Nina

Nina New Member

Even though this is day 1 of this Forum, I “accidentally discovered“ TMS While surfing the Internet four months ago trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with me. When I finally put pieces together I realized that I have been suffering with TMS for probably close to 40 years. That is a lot of time and money lost in failed therapies and missed opportunities :(

I have read Dr. Sarno's books plus some other ones but felt like a structured program like this one would be helpful. I am already having success in working past elbow tendinitis as well as shoulder and neck pain. However as that is improving I’ve been having issues with my left knee and then this morning my right heel. So I am definitely at the symptom-jumping phase. I would love to say that I just shrug and move on when this happens, but it seems that I have to argue with myself that yes, this is just TMS again.

My hope is that this program will drive TMS diagnosis home for me.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. beccaboo

beccaboo New Member

hey sounds like your ding well keep going, symptom jumping is a sticky bugger that wants to stay, but it means your beating it, as it is trying to trik you and stay with you, so keep going and it will give up that grip and trust you can live without fear or other emotions you may have ignored before. The climb is such a hard one, steps up and falls back but keep climbing, and one day you will feel so proud. Keep busy , try not to think, work on thoughts of, im amazing, I can do what I want, big yourself up! give yourself love and patience, treat yourself like a queen like you deserve.

all the best xx

Nina likes this.
  3. Nina

Nina New Member

Thanks for your positivity and encouragement. Good reminder about the importance of affirmations.
    Best to you as well

4. beccaboo

beccaboo New Member

thank you nina, I forget myself a lot but I try hard to stop and ground myself, then I say where am I? oh im walking my dog and the sun is shining, I am safe and I am okay. then I calm down. grounding is a great way to get out of your head, also just trying to think of goals a lot, I think about that surprise bday party im going to do for my dad in December, it gives me an image, a good image for my brain to work on, instead of , errrr im tired or errr what will I do today we can do what we want, as we come first!!!

hugs xxx