1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Siatica

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jacqui71, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Jacqui71

Jacqui71 Newcomer

Hi all back in June 2018 I had just came through the most stressful time of my life I had lost my brother to cancer and went threw a breakup with I man I had been with for two years he took me the cleaners and I lost my home and had to start all over again I got a new flat and everytink was looking up then a month before I moved I started to get back pain and siatica down my left leg tryed all sorts of stuff nothing worked I moved to my new flat and pain just got worse it started to take over my life I couldn’t sit without sharp pain goin down my leg to my toes sharp pain in my butt intense and it scares the life out of me then wen I would go to bed I would wake with panic attacks my whole of my left side would get pins and needles and internal tremors am so scared and anxious I eventually went doctors and he sent me for mri on lumber spine and said I have a disc pressing on siatic nerve and has referred me to neurologist so just waiting for appointment on the 12 February the pain seems to have spread all over the left side of my body cramps twitches and tremors I can’t describe it I hate it please please I need some support as am so alone and feel scared xxx

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello @Jacqui71 and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have found the right place, because the support you need is already here. Start with our free Structured Educational Program - in the very first lesson, you will watch the 20/20 video featuring Dr. Sarno.

It is kind of essential that you read at least one of Dr. Sarno's books. For back pain, most people read Healing Back Pain, written in 1991, I think - but he wrote several others. The list of his books, and the different languages they are available in, is here: http://johnesarnomd.com/sarno-books.html (John E. Sarno M.D. Books) Many of them are available from libraries, in all formats. I first read The Divided Mind as a digital download from my library.

For inspiration, read postings in our Success Stories subforum.

If you like listening to podcasts, check out The Cure For Chronic Pain with Nichole Sachs, LCSW. People new to TMS can simply start with the first one and keep going. Nicole worked with Dr. Sarno for a while after she found healing as his patient.

You're not alone! Once you start with the basic information in these resources, you'll be able to ask specific questions in order to find guidance in your personal journey.

Jeather and TG957 like this.
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Moving triggers more TMS attacks than anything else I have ever seen.... from a psychological perspective it's ripping up virtually every familiarity and stepping out into the unknown.
    The circumstances in your life and then the move are almost identical to where I was when I had my first Leg sciatica episode that ended up in failed surgeries and then mercifully, at the door of Dr. Sarno.
    My diagnosis was the same... disc (blah,blah,blah)... the longer I was in the system they kept piling up diagnoses (plural)

Your Brothers Death, losing a partner who ripped you off and then the move are all such extraordinary rage inducers I would have been surprised if you DIDn't have pain. Read Sarno's books ("healing Back Pain" is my fave and the one that saved my life)

Do NOT go round the internet reading stories of failed pain sob stories.... it'll only invite your brain to have kittens of fear, which is a large pain inducer. Read the success stories as Jan said and Check out the SEP... it is put together by people who have been where you are and no longer suffer. I have been pain free for 21 years this spring from reading and studying. It really works.

4. Mitch

Mitch Peer Supporter

Hope by now you are feeling better. You have been through a lot in such a short time that it’s only normal you are feeling the way you are. It’s your own mind distraction you from actually feeling your feeling of grief, loss, and a heart break.
    It’s going to take time, but I can tell you from experience that you can get through it. It will take patience and work in your part.
    Feel free to reach out if you need further support.
    I would recommend healing back pain, and maybe reaching out to Steve ozanich to start out. take care

5. Jacqui71

Jacqui71 Newcomer

Thankyou all for your kind support mri says I have a small bulging disc impingement on the s1 nerve root it just feel all so real and my anxiety is through the roof panic attacks daily am so scared this will get worse I can’t even sit down longer than ten Minutes is there any one who has this pinched nerve healed who could give me some hope please xxx

6. Mitch

Mitch Peer Supporter

I had similar findings along with an annular tear on l5-S1 and I too had major anxiety and wanted the pin gone, it took a lot of work but you can get through it with time and patience. Remember it’s all psy·cho·log·i·cal and not physical.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  7. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yeah, all of us... go read the literature or do the SEP and you'll find it. YOU won't get better playing 'match symptoms on line'...in fact it'll probably scare the shit out of you and make it worse...

read the text