1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

should i drop the gym? i don’t know what to do

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Oct 24, 2019.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

i feel mentally burned out most of the time, i have brain fog, i feel tired, sleepy all the time, can’t think straight, don’t want to do things, losing motivation to workout. I’m actually feeling hopeless in life. i don’t have motivation to put effort in making good grammar in this post. i feel depressed.

heres the thing. most of the time i go to the gym i feel worst and also sometimes after the gym.

i asked myself why do i go to the gym? i want to become stronger, but i have to admit that i’m dealing with an eating disorder and i’m trying to gain weight and i’m also feeling “forced” to go to the gym because if i gain weight it might be all fat and i’ll freak out.
    i also like to have more muscle on me :p, but people usually say working out makes them feel better. not for me, i feel worst, but i’m constantly also blaming working out because i feel worst while working out and i overthink about it a lot.

i weightlift 3 days and i actually want to lift more days and do other sports or stuff, but since i don’t feel recovered i’m doing the same thing those 3 days and that also makes me lose motivation, because i want more but i feel like trash if i do more. so idk it seems weird because im losing motivation to go 3 days, but i also want to go more days hehe. maybe yeah it’t because i do the same things but even half way of my workouts i just sometimes want to leave because of how bad i feel

thanks!

2. Amira

Amira Newcomer

Why don't you change your training routine? Try group yoga/pilates/cardio training, many people find working out in a group more motivating and you can find some mates with the same problems or interests there.
    Also, I find some bloggers videos super motivating, they share their workout planning and have vlogs with their full trainings.

3. stevow7

i’m planning in changing the routine when the linear progress either stops or i get really bored of it. i mean, i’m a bit bored, but i do want to get stronger and it seems going more days usually leave me more fatigued. i tried yoga, didn’t like it. don’t have friends to hang out or have friends that i can call and ask them if they want to go to the gym with me even if we are doing different programs.

thanks a lot for replying!

4. Progressguy

Progressguy Newcomer

Perhaps changing up your nutritional intake as well as adjusting your macros are in order. I would also highly recommend switching up your workouts considerable and get creative. If you're bored, focus on cardio and body weight exercises for a week. Then go back with the plan to begin something like bigger, faster, stronger and see how your body adjusts.
    Take a look at the bodybuilding forums for more advise on nutrition and preparation. I used to be heavily in to weight lifting and fitness....and.....hope to be back there again once I resolve some of the issues I'm dealing with.

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

For fitness enthusiasts, I recommend listening to "The Mind and Fitness Podcast" with Eddy Lindenstein (aka @LindenSwole). Eddy has had some incredible guests on his show, including Dr. Schubiner, Nicole Sachs, Steve Ozanich, @Andy Bayliss, and many more. Start with #10 (Nicole Sachs, 11/29/17) or start with the two episodes I mention here: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/do-yourself-a-favor-and-listen-to-this-podcast.21114/ (Do yourself a favor and listen to this podcast) and keep going.

6. stevow7

if you don’t mind asking, what are your issues related thats keeping you out of fitness stuff?

7. stevow7

do you think constantly thinking about symptoms could make things worst? i’m taking a break right now from fitness because i feel bad, but i don’t know when i’ll be back at it. i’m focusing on symptoms right now because i just feel like not wanting to even walk. i can’t even think straight.

maybe i’m under recovered and need a break from the gym. or maybe a big part or everything is tms.

i don’t even feel good after hitting the gym like people usually say.