1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Do yourself a favor and listen to this podcast

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Jun 12, 2019.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This is sort of a duplicate post, because the first place I wrote about this was added to a thread that AndyB posted back in April, where I was first introduced to Eddy Lindenstein's The Mind and Fitness Podcast. I already knew Eddy a little bit as member (and Peer Supporter) @LindenSwole, but now he's doing great work by creating this podcast - weekly! In addition to his full-time job! And being married and raising two small children!

Anyway, I am not organized enough to to always listen to the many wonderful podcasts out there in the world as they are published, and it's been awhile since I listened to Eddy, so when I dipped in to his archive today, I just picked one that was short and had a title that I liked (#69, "Lizard Brain" and it's definitely worth listening to) but the one that blew my mind was #70, Eddy's interview with Dan Buglio, which started playing next - and folks, you have GOT to listen to this.

Here are some (not all) of the topics that I can remember that Eddy and Dan covered:
    - TMS and physical activity (Eddy is a weightlifter, cross-trainer, and motorcycle rider, activities he was going to lose entirely until he discovered TMS theory) (I don't recall what Dan's activities are :oops:)
    - many examples of the emotional component of TMS symptoms,
    - how to properly "rule out the physical" in order to accept TMS,
    - how to realistically assess imaging (MRI etc) results and surgery advice from doctors in order to accept TMS.
    - how to journal effectively,
    - raising emotionally aware children and dealing with their TMS,
    - descriptions of (and I am totally using my own words to try to get this across) how our brains sabotage us, fool us, keep us stuck, and distract us with symptoms which are supposedly less dangerous than our true emotions,
    - and MORE!!!!

Eddy has a real talent for this, because his interview with AndyB (discussed and linked here) is equally brilliant and wide-ranging and hits the nail on the head on many TMS topics.

You can get the The Mind And Fitness Podcast at iTunes(Apple Podcasts), Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Google Podcasts... and probably others.

Listen NOW! I mean it!

~Jan

Garance, Mari, Forest and 1 other person like this.